Anyone have an "L-plate mod" for trucks?

In one of my games, I'm getting strangulated by "oversteer". Some tanks are minutes out of place because of driving in circles, and one is dead because it carried on turning back round the corner it was trying to duck behind.

Glad to hear ( well, not glad, but you know what I mean ) I'm not the only one.

I've mentioned this in the past and been told I should be using Slow to go around corners ( I do sometimes, but also sometimes have had better luck Quick'ing around corners ) or I'm giving too many close waypoints ( dunno about that one - surely multiple close waypoints make it easier for the AI since it doesn't have to calculate its own - especially since the trouble generally starts when the AI ignores the route I've given it :( )

You watch it turn until it's facing the direction you told it to go ... and then it continues to turn... Grrrrr.

...told I should be using Slow to go around corners ( I do sometimes, but also sometimes have had better luck Quick'ing around corners )...

Me too.

...giving too many close waypoints ( dunno about that one - surely multiple close waypoints make it easier for the AI since it doesn't have to calculate its own...

I think the closeness of waypoints is a dark art. It's fine if you just plonk the odd point down here and there, so long as you avoid obvious SNAFUs, but it can be improved a lot by careful waypoint "management". Up to a point, after which trying to be too cute throws the whole path into the can...