A little confused on Italy v Normandy and engines

Isn't a game forum there to allow fans of the game, even fanboys dare I say, to have a chat and learn, have fun, etc. (Sometimes I am in stitches at some of the funny posts.)

Being part of a game forum shouldn't have anything to do with using correct searching techniques, etc. We are tested at work on a daily basis. Why not just let people post questions and those that want can answer them?!

Gerry

Whenever someone suggests a questioner do a search for an answer my first thought is the miserable luck I've had doing searches, myself. My second thought is if posters were restricted from repeating themselves on these forums we'd quickly run out of topics! And yes, I have said this before - its a repeat. :D;)

Yeah, I have given up on the forum search too. But Google works pretty well, as long as you use the "site" keyword (try the following, without the []):

[ site:battlefront.com normandy upgrade 2.0 ]

That yielded some information that might answer some of the OP's questions:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abattlefront.com+normandy+upgrade+2.0

Isn't a game forum there to allow fans of the game, even fanboys dare I say, to have a chat and learn, have fun, etc. (Sometimes I am in stitches at some of the funny posts.)

Being part of a game forum shouldn't have anything to do with using correct searching techniques, etc. We are tested at work on a daily basis. Why not just let people post questions and those that want can answer them?!

Gerry

Yep I think that about sums it up. Our community is small enough without us doing our best to make it smaller.

Exactly. This thread should have ended at the second/third (real) posts. Given the generality plus uselessness of the search function and the ambiguity of the sticky, it should have only taken up 30 seconds of someones time instead of turning into a 3 page circus.

Well, this one spiraled out of control.

As the old saying goes... it takes two to tango. Meaning, if someone posts something you take offense to, the quickest way to have it spiral out of control is to TAKE OFFENSE to it. Steiner14's "offensive" post wasn't exactly helpful to the OP, but it could have easily been ignored. But the OP decided to get into a fight instead of either a) ignoring the comment or B) stating, politely, that it's not helpful. And that's partly why we are on Page 4 of this instead of it ending on Page 1. The other part is other people getting mixed into something that was pointless before they even put their noses into it.

The original question has been answered, so there's really no point in leaving this open.

And for the record, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Drtechno's original question or how he phrased it. I know there's a sensitivity to the "I want everything and I want it for free" posts we've seen in the past few months, but people should reserve their frustration for posters who clearly are in that category.

Steve

P.S. The search function of this Forum DOES suck! That's a statement of fact as far as I'm concerned.