Pak 40 deployed in the middle of a high wall - can't do anything

Hi all,

I've been searching in the forums but didn't finde anything like that so I decided to open a new thread.

The thing is that I had this AT Pak40 team moving the gun beside a wall when I decided to deploy de gun.

When finally deployed, the gun changed its position all of a sudden and finally rested in the middle of a high stone wall (inside of the wall), half of the gun is in one side of the wall and the other half on the other side, and the crew went away from the gun once this happened, but they're still in control of the gun, I mean they didn't abandoned it.

The problem is that now I get the LOS from where the crew is laying down which is no use because they're not staying anymore at the gun position, but also I cannot do anything with the gun because it's not undeploying, moving, or doing anything. Even the crew seems to be stuck on the ground and does not follow any order.

Does anyone had this issue before?.

I desperately need that gun in working conditions so actually I'm moving an engineer team in order to burst the wall to see if that helps.

Any advice will be really appreciated.

KeBrAnTo,

I've had a U.S. 57mm stick itself into a house wall, into a church wall and other unpleasant and useless places during setup, but this was fixable, to some degree (siting still sucked). I haven't actually moved an ATG once the game started, so haven't had the opportunity to have this disaster befall me. I suspect your engineers are going to blow up your gun in the process of freeing it, and the situation is both insane and ludicrous. My experience is more of the order of a tank's trying to cross a bridge by driving through first the abutment, then the sidewall!

Good luck, and I hope BFC fixes this nasty glitch! If you have the turn file saved, please send it to Phil Culliton.

Regards,

John Kettler

KeBrAnTo,

I've had a U.S. 57mm stick itself into a house wall, into a church wall and other unpleasant and useless places during setup, but this was fixable, to some degree (siting still sucked). I haven't actually moved an ATG once the game started, so haven't had the opportunity to have this disaster befall me. I suspect your engineers are going to blow up your gun in the process of freeing it, and the situation is both insane and ludicrous. My experience is more of the order of a tank's trying to cross a bridge by driving through first the abutment, then the sidewall!

Good luck, and I hope BFC fixes this nasty glitch! If you have the turn file saved, please send it to Phil Culliton.

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks for your comment John, I also think that I've got high chances of blowing up the gun along with the wall, but I'm gonna try doing it from the side where the gun should be supposed to be to the other side, to see if the blast goes the other direction.

I'll be sending the turn file to Phil too, it is really annoying when this bugs happen because it might make the difference to win a battle or not.

Regards.

I know I'm going to sound like a foaming fanboi writing this, but...

Maybe it's because I don't play competitively, simply to have fun, but bugs like this make the game feel more chaotic and thus makes it feel more alive.

I can imagine the crew freewheeling a Pak downhill and losing control only to have it crash and get stuck in a most inconvenient spot. Or a crewman fumbles with a bolt and messes up the mechanism.

Luckily I haven't been near a war but I did my military service and we had all kinds of funky-crunky stuff happen on weekly basis that would have probably caused us to lose a battle. Drag racing CVs so the turbos blow. A rear-end collision. Wrapping the cannon around a particularly sturdy pine tree. Fumbling on the deck with an MG and breaking the driver's prism with it. Leaving an unguarded pile of machine guns, LAWs, mines and plastic explosives next to a civilian road. Or maybe your squaddie jumps into the trench behind you with his finger on the trigger and pumps a few 7.62s into a log next to you.

Stuff like that happens occasionally. But yeah, bugs should be fixed. :D

EDIT: I would also like to mention that the things I write are mere figments of a feverish imagination that never happened and only serve the purpose of making me look cool on the Internet.

You could also try giving it a Face order. The crew has departed in search of enough space to deploy themselves. If the gun is facing a different way, it won't be using up so much of the half-tile it's sitting in.

Deploying a gun in a half tile is currently risky because of this behaviour.

Right now my high school English teacher is fist-pumping in the air and shouting, "Yeah! You tell him bro! Iambic pentameter busting bastard!"

I bow to your nursery rhyming grogocity.

LMFAO! Classic.

Mord.

KeBranTo,

You're welcome! It sucks having a game spoiled, but your painful discovery may save many from similar angst and frustration. Consider it taking one for the team!

Regards,

John Kettler

Right, first thing I tried.

The engineer team just blew the wall from the side the AT gun was supposed to be in reality and no damage to the gun. I didn't observe any change on the behaviour of the crew, I'm gonna see next turn as I assigned new facing orders.

I'm also moving a truck in order to place it beside the gun to see if this helps if the previous is not use.

Come to you soon, If my rival gives me the chance ;P

End of the story.

The wall was burst from the side the gun was supposed to be, giving the blast order towards the other side. Gun not damaged but the crew still "stuck" to the ground, away from the gun.

Next turn the AT crew was given new facing and deploy orders, which got the gun back to service after 15 seconds roughly. :)

It was a shame that when the crew was deploying the weapon a Sherman appeared all of a sudden and got the gun and the crew with an accurate 75mm shell. :(

Regardless the final destiny of the pak40, this procedure in order to free the gun from the wall was successful.

C you all.