The Possibly Penultimate Peng Challenge Thread

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heard anything from that oaf nidan1? Last I heard he was in his bath tub, gently rocking back forth, sucking his thumb and calling for his mommy all because his stray artillery fell onto his own troops. Oh that and the storm thingy.

Heard from him monday. I believe he was last seen heading down-river on some debris, but it could have just about anyone...

Of course, he could have been blown into Canada and they won't let him back into the country.

Noba.

Anyone heard anything from that oaf nidan1? Last I heard he was in his bath tub, gently rocking back forth, sucking his thumb and calling for his mommy all because his stray artillery fell onto his own troops. Oh that and the storm thingy.

I heard from him this evening.

Maybe he just doesn't like you.

I am amazed at the level of sheer incompetence and cover your assness of American industry and government.

It is now ten days since the hurricaine hit the Northeast of the US, and there are still hundreds of thousands of people without power on Long Island, and you have to wait on long lines to get gas. I never lost power, amazingly, just had a few tree limbs come down in my neighborhood. Other folks did worse.

The good ole USA, we can fight wars on the other side of the planet and support hundreds of thousands of troops and their equipment, we can rush aid to third world disaster areas in no time. We help everyone in the world, but we cant help our own people. This area is the most populace and developed area in the country, and ten days after a major storm hits, milk is in short supply, orange juice, bread and other items.

Hurricaine Katrina showed that we have major problems with our disaster planning, Sandy has just shown that we did nothing to improve since Katrina.

I am very disheartened. I guess if I lived in Haiti or Bangla Desh, I could expect more response from uncle Sam, if there was a natural disaster like this last storm.

Really? You're complaining about a Cat 1 storm and you never lost power.

I don't recommend retiring in Florida.

I'm not complaining FOR MYSELF, I'm complaining in general over the lack of preparedness and competence of local governments, industries and the US Government. I consider myself very lucky compared with some other folks who live near the coast here on Long Island.

The fact that the storm was Category 1 is exactly my point. This was an unusual storm to be sure, but what if it came ashore as a Cat 3 or larger? If the way the recovery response has progressed so far after Sandy is a guide, a Cat 3 storm could shut down this entire area for months. The fact is that we as a nation are not prepared for disaster, and no one seems willing to take responsibility for making the tough decisions necessary to maintain our infrastructure and planning.

Hmmmm, the blue hair thing has some merit.