Totally Unrelated

This was especially true regarding the soundtrack : The jam, Thin lizzy, The specials.... The two commentators only awoke with the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Queen and The sex pistols :rolleyes:

If someone had said to me twent...thirt...hell it's closer to fourty years ago that the sex pistols would be played at the 2012 Olympic opening,I'd have rammed them thru their heart with my oh so spikey hair.

OMG Sid Vicious is part of the establishment.

Yet again, the greatest gift these Isles have offered the nations of the world has been spurned; irony. But we offer Mr Bean for those who struggle.

PS what was it with the US of A team looking like a bunch of paramilitary security guards on a day trip from a camp in Cuba? I thought we'd solved our internal security issues a few days ago?

NI can hear Paul Mccartney singing from about 5 miles away! It's the Olympic 2012 opening ceremony and despite being in North London I can see the lights and hear the show.

Doesn't happen every day.

Actually I don't think that was Sir Paul singing - the crowd sang most of it:D

Note: We thoroughly enjoyed the ceremony at our house - including the parts that Paul sang.

If someone had said to me twent...thirt...hell it's closer to fourty years ago that the sex pistols would be played at the 2012 Olympic opening,I'd have rammed them thru their heart with my oh so spikey hair.

OMG Sid Vicious is part of the establishment.

Im wi ye there! I thought the same. Anarchy in the UK = 36 years latter sound track to the Olympics! Guess Danny Boyle is of that era. Punk is Dead! ;)

Yet again, the greatest gift these Isles have offered the nations of the world has been spurned; irony. But we offer Mr Bean for those who struggle.

PS what was it with the US of A team looking like a bunch of paramilitary security guards on a day trip from a camp in Cuba? I thought we'd solved our internal security issues a few days ago?

Yup totally agree :)

Uniforms made in China, choreography by Blackwater.

Hey when our Olympians tweet things like "When's da gun shooting competition", what did you expect?

Im wi ye there! I thought the same. Anarchy in the UK = 36 years latter sound track to the Olympics! Guess Danny Boyle is of that era. Punk is Dead! ;)

*snort* 200 years ago playing La Marseillaise in London would probably have landed the musicians in gallows. Now this mother of all anarchist marches is played everytime a French athlete wins and not even the queen raises an eyebrow!!!

*snort* 200 years ago playing La Marseillaise in London would probably have landed the musicians in gallows. Now this mother of all anarchist marches is played everytime a French athlete wins and not even the queen raises an eyebrow!!!

Jeez! You Finns have long memories! ;)

Been watching the clips of these Finn WWII films you posted. Excellent stuff BTW :)

Oh bit off topic but one of my mates is an ex-Royal Marine and went out with a Finnish girl. Scared the crap out of him. Must be the genes!

Oh bit off topic but one of my mates is an ex-Royal Marine and went out with a Finnish girl. Scared the crap out of him. Must be the genes!

What's the old saying? "You can sleep with a blonde and you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get much sleep with a redhead."

Michael