New map in repository "Small Norman Village"

I took a break from Hougoumont to try to put together a serious map. The result is here; http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2133

It's what you might call an "intimate" setting, not even a square kilometre in size, but with lots of little details and, I think, interesting scenery, giving plenty of options for attacker and defender. The village is in the northern half of the map, surrounded by gently rolling bocage country and with some small farms, orchards, etc.

It's set up for QB with setup zones and 4 x AI plans for both attacker and defender (version 1.2 which has been submitted but may not be published yet). The Axis player is the attacker and attacks from the south.

I would be interested to hear feedback from anyone who happens to take a look at it.

Holdit

Glad to hear it. Here are a couple of screenshots:

Looking from the northwest:

snvFromNW.jpg

Looking from the Southwest:

snvFromSW.jpg

I've already played a QB on it. I started messing about with Fraps yesterday and recorded a couple of quick movies...

Holdit

Holdit,

Tried to look at your Small Norman Village, but it came back with "Fatal Error."

Regards,

John Kettler

Hi John,

I've just downloaded the file from the repository and it loaded fine for me. Did you try loading it more than once or downloading the file again?

In any case, I've made a view changes and uploaded version 1.3, which should be available sometime tomorrow, I should imagine.

Thanks for your interest and hope it works for you next time.

Holdit

• 2 years later...
Hi John,

I've just downloaded the file from the repository and it loaded fine for me. Did you try loading it more than once or downloading the file again?

In any case, I've made a view changes and uploaded version 1.3, which should be available sometime tomorrow, I should imagine.

Thanks for your interest and hope it works for you next time.

Holdit

I get the same error as John when clicking on that URL.

"Fatal error - attempt to access unpublished file by non-admin user"

The screenshot posts look good! Thanks for contributing.

Sounds like the correct place. For CMBN it should be placed in <install_root>/Battlefront/CMBN220/Game Files/Quick Battle Maps

For the map to appear in game you have to select a matching QB type. In this case the map sounds like it is for an attack so you have to select an attack type of battle in the QB UI then the map should appear.

Note: I have not actually tested out this map. What I am describing is how it should work.