Setting up in the dark - no toggling off the dark?

Any fix for setting up on a dark night - like some toggle where I can light the place up at least to set up? - I can't see anything at all

I've turned up the gamma on my 17" flatscreen to 100% and can't find any Hotkey or anything that would enable me to 'toggle the dark off' so I can at least set up and wait for the morning light

Granted my eyes aren't perfect but I can't see anything - there's got to be workaround

Thanks

If the scenario begins anywhere close to dawn, just wait a bit. It gets gradually lighter. If you wait long enough, the sun will even come up. But once you hit GO it goes back to being the correct amount of darkness for the time on the clock. Kind of a neat quirk of the system actually.

Michael

Unfortunately, there's no in-game gamma control. There _IS_ a workaround, however. While you're in the setup phase, the game-time is frozen, but the game dynamics continue forward. That means that the earth still rotates, in game. So the sun will rise.

Here's how you use that: say it's 0200 game time and you can't see anything. The sun will be up, in-game, by 0900 (British double-summer?). Leave the setup on-screen. (You can minimize the game, if you'd like.) Come back in 7 hours. The game clock is still frozen at 0200, but now the sun is up, as if it's 0900 game-time. Use the light to find and set all your units. When you're done, click "go". The sun will revert instantly to its 0200 position. The lights go out. Bob's your uncle.

(Hey, I didn't say it was a GOOD workaround.)

Ken

I have found the night missions to be impossible to play - cant figure out how there were even designed unless the designers' video card settings were maxed out.

That's what I do, turn up my videocard settings so it's almost like day and play that way. I ask... what's the point...?

I think some of this problem must be the machine being used or something. All I know is, my night time misions are not that hard to see, things show up fine. But I have seen screen shots from others who look like they are in a game that graphically is not really visually playable.

So let the tech grogs figure that one out.