Upcoming 1.1 Update

Upcoming 1.1 Update

We are planning to release the 1.1 update in 2 to 3 weeks. The exact timing is a little fluid because it's based not only on what's already planned but also on feedback from you guys (if anything else critical comes up then it may also go into 1.1.)

Multiplayer

Currently, when you play online, your force is randomly selected and the scenario to play is randomly selected. In 1.1, you will be able to decide whether to play American or German and which scenario you want to play. But you will still have the option of either or both being random (called "Any"), too.

Why in the world wasn't this option always present?

Because, by selecting either of these options, you are reducing your own chance of finding a match when using online matchmaking. There could be 1,000 people online, but if none of them wants to play the scenario you've chosen, then you won't find a match. We didn't want this to happen in the early days when the number of players was building up. Therefore, we saved the development time of implementing this until after 1.0 was released.

Even after 1.1, if you're not finding an online match, then select "Any" for your force and scenario to broaden the possible number of online matches to be found.

Saved Games

Your games in progress will be automatically saved as you play. This will work much the way that replays do (it's completely automatic and to load one, you just select any of your previous past few games to continue where it left off).

This feature is also the groundwork for asynchronous multiplayer, which won't be in 1.1, but also won't be far behind it.

Performance Improvements

Including not only framerate but also reduced memory use.

Bug Fixes

We have received a few crash logs from your iPads that we're looking into. They all look like low-hanging fruit to fix and will be included in 1.1.

Other

As you can see, there is discussion in this forum about other improvements the community would like to see. Please feel free to chime in. The goal of 1.1 is to keep it pretty simple so that the update can arrive quickly. As improvements are agreed upon and definitely slated for the 1.1 update, I will edit this post and include them above. Others that are deferred will appear when the 1.2 post is made.

And so it will go… and go …

Very good news when i see that :D

"This feature is also the groundwork for asynchronous multiplayer, which won't be in 1.1, but also won't be far behind it."

Because CM without PBEM is not CM (even CM Touch ;) )

(Some ergonomics improvements need to be implemented too ... about units selection, orders for examples.)

That makes me feel so much better! It lets me know that you guys are working on improvements. I hope for many more improvements. Mostly on performance. The biggest issue I'm having is when I'm panning the camera, it

Aga TERRIBLY. hopefully this and others are fixed soon! Glad to see a save feature coming!

I have not been able to resolve the no sound problem on an iPad 2. Hope this is fixed in v1.1. Good game though.

Someone made the following observation, maybe it helps:

In the latest IOS there is a switch that can be used to either be Mute or to Lock the screen perspective.

I had to go into Settings to change it from Lock to Mute, then un-mute the sound.

I got this info from the Apple community help area. This solved my problem with the sound. Might help others.

Demo Pittsburgh, PA

Re: I cannot get the sound to work

Jan 1, 2012 6:06 PM (in response to Nookes)

Sorry - cant edit posts on the iPad. Read this.

If you lose sounds for keyboard clicks, games or other apps, email notifications and other notifications, system sounds may have been muted.

System sounds can be muted and controlled two different ways. The screen lock rotation can be controlled in the same manner as well.

Settings>General>Use Side Switch to: Mute System sounds. If this option is selected, the switch on the side of the iPad above the volume rocker will mute system sounds.

If you choose Lock Screen Rotation, then the switch locks the screen. If the screen is locked, you will see a lock icon in the upper right corner next to the battery indicator gauge.

If you have the side switch set to lock screen rotation then the system sound control is in the task bar. Double tap the home button and in the task bar at the bottom, swipe all the way to the right. The speaker icon is all the way to the left. Tap on it and system sounds will return.

If you have the side switch set to mute system sounds, then the screen lock rotation can be accessed via the task bar in the same manner as described above.

This support article from Apple explains how the side switch works.

No way to play.. it crash (back to ipad home screen) just after the computation of the turn. Sometimes I can play 2 or 3 turns (which is even more frustrating given the inability to save). Most of the time it crashes during the first computation phase..

Am I the only one??

Testing. . .testing. . .

. . . is thing on?

Just wanted to say great game guys, very well done with a balance of simplicity and quick games vs the detailed planning and control of the full game (I assume). I played CMBO out and had a pretty good crack at its sisters too, before I made the move to OSX and left you guys behind.

Nice to be back and hope I can contribute something. Only one repeatable error and suggested fix. In the setup of mng of the 902, if I attempt to dismount the rifle team from the M10 in the setup phase and it always crashes the game. I hate losing a whole setup, and request a quick save button in that phase that reloads if there is a crash, please.

I will now go back to being slaughtered by whomever was my opponent back in the day. Berli? Elvis? Moriarty? Does Peng still live?