Company HQ bug

The OC (Commander) was killed/wounded and the 2IC (Asst) formed a new HQ. Where is the bug?

I looked again and it happens before the guy gets killed, which leaves my new HQ unit "without" a radio in a different location to the one it was in originally, and my new Headquarters section "with" a radio in a different location to the one it was in originally, very confusing, if it isn't a bug it should be, why doesn't my CO HQ unit just have one less man and still have the radio and still be in the location i put it in ?

HQbugafter2.jpg

HQsectionbugafter2.jpg

I have the game turns if anyone needs them.

The UI change of unit name is not synched with the playback and is instead happening at the start of the turn. This seems to happen with several UI elements in turn-based play, but I don't believe it has any effect on gameplay.

The new HQ doesn't have a radio because the 2IC's team doesn't have a radio.

The UI change of unit name is not synched with the playback and is instead happening at the start of the turn. This seems to happen with several UI elements in turn-based play.

The new HQ doesn't have a radio because the 2IC's team doesn't have a radio.

So basically all that's happened is that the units have switched names, what's the point and the logic to that, why can't the CO HQ unit keep it's original name if they are the same men ?

Because the 2iC is in the 2iC team. When the boss takes a bullet in the noggin, the 2iC and his team takes over and becomes the OC.

Ok, i understand now, i didn't notice there was a guy called "Commander" in the three man HQ unit, however i still can't see the point in swapping the names if that's all that happens, why can't the unit just keep it's name and be minus the Commander, it's an esoteric piece of knowledge about an effect that doesn't seem to serve a purpose other than bewilder players that have no experience of such a thing :)

actually, if this isn't G marketing I don't know what is... I've never noticed it myself ,and I obviously haven't either seen screenies or video showing a shift in command, but... hmmm... how can I put this.

I don't see any stress in this situation, if anything, its just one more mystery of the game that I don't fully understand yet. It seems that every time I learn a new feature, its only after a week of "WTF" and a month of "no one cares".

So congrats programmers, this is a feature that I appreciate. Defintely gives gamer a reason to protect those back up units. I don't know if this is unique to CW forces, or the same thing as XO team is to CO commander and above.

Meh, its late here. I think at least someone should understand what I mean by all this.

It's been a feature for a while. Personally I think it's a good thing the names swap, otherwise you might not notice that your commander was hit and now the 2nd in command is in charge.

Ok, i understand now, i didn't notice there was a guy called "Commander" in the three man HQ unit, however i still can't see the point in swapping the names if that's all that happens, why can't the unit just keep it's name and be minus the Commander, it's an esoteric piece of knowledge about an effect that doesn't seem to serve a purpose other than bewilder players that have no experience of such a thing :)

This isn't esoteric as far as the chain of command is modeled. Once the officer in charge was hit, that team isn't a HQ anymore. Having communication with them won't give you any bonuses. Now to get information passed and bonuses (such as morale), you need to have comms with the new HQ.

It's been a feature for a while. Personally I think it's a good thing the names swap, otherwise you might not notice that your commander was hit and now the 2nd in command is in charge.

This isn't esoteric as far as the chain of command is modeled. Once the officer in charge was hit, that team isn't a HQ anymore. Having communication with them won't give you any bonuses. Now to get information passed and bonuses (such as morale), you need to have comms with the new HQ.

Ok, lets me get this straight then, the HQ section in the church with the radio is now the comms link to the rest of my HQ's with radios, meaning as long as the HQ section with the radio is in LOS or voice contact with my lookouts i can still relay spotting info to all my HQ's with radios, thus leaving my now radioless Co HQ unit as mainly a morale booster ?

I think, and I may be wrong, that your old hq unit in the church is no longer in the chain of command at all, so won't pass on information further up - but may talk to other radios in the company. You'll need to get a radio near to your HQ or you'll be out of cc with the battalion, and your plt leaders won't be in cc with your HQ either, unless they are close.

I may be wrong though.

Yes this is good stuff. I just wish the "new" CO could run over and grab the "old" CO's radio.

If you look at the picture of the newly named HQ section in the church you will see they have a radio, so one thing that's happened is that the re allocation of the HQ unit has placed the radio in the hands of the HQ section, however that section has no binoculars, at the moment one of those men is giving buddy aid to the injured party and hopefully will pick up his binoculars, if not i still think the radios intact, i will update this thread on the situation.

p.s If the radio is intact that would mean that as long as the HQ unit is in LOS or voice contact with the HQ section the HQ unit should be able to pass on info gathered from using the binoculars to all Platoon HQ's.

This is great stuff - does any one know if this is a new in the patch? Does this work with the US Company HQ team and the XO team?

I am warming to it, it certainly makes you realise why your HQ units have a support section, and to treat them with the same care as the HQ unit.

I have no doubt that the XO team works the same way and i'm sure it has been a feature, although subtle, from the inception of CMBN.

I have read through this thread several times but my head is spinning.

The original A Co. HQ that lost the commander has been re-designated as an HQ section (second in command, -2 Denney), and the original Second in Command has been re-designated as the A Co. HQ (+1 Ransom).

However, the original A Co. HQ (-2 Denney) still has a radio but is unable to call in Artillery or Air Strikes because they lost the commander, correct?

And, the new A Co. HQ (+1 Ransom) does not have a radio, so they are basically useless regarding Command and Control, correct?

I have read through this thread several times but my head is spinning.

The original A Co. HQ that lost the commander has been re-designated as an HQ section (second in command, -2 Denney), and the original Second in Command has been re-designated as the A Co. HQ (+1 Ransom).

However, the original A Co. HQ (-2 Denney) still has a radio but is unable to call in Artillery or Air Strikes because they lost the commander, correct?

My original HQ unit set up a pre planned arillery strike with a 10 minute delay, so i'm assuming that won't be affected by the changes, but if i adjust the fire i will tell you if it allows me to use the HQ section to do this, as the new HQ unit doesn't have a radio so it won't be able to.

And, the new A Co. HQ (+1 Ransom) does not have a radio, so they are basically useless regarding Command and Control, correct?

That is true, however i am assuming if they are in LOS or Voice contact with the HQ section they can pass spotting info to them as the HQ section has a radio, but as far as morale is concerned i don't think they can give rousing speeches over the radio, but they will be a morale modifier to any unit in LOS / Voice contact i imagine.

My HQ section in the church have administered buddy aid to their fallen commander and retrieved his binoculars, however the radio isn't coming online even though it shows up in their equipment list, i have the feeling it's damaged :(

I'm going to use the new Company HQ that was in the house up close to the fighting, within LOS / Voice of my Platoon HQ's and / or their squads, so at least i can use the CO's morale modifier now that they have no radio, i will leave the HQ section in cover and see if their radio starts to work at some point.

My HQ section in the church have administered buddy aid to their fallen commander and retrieved his binoculars, however the radio isn't coming online even though it shows up in their equipment list, i have the feeling it's damaged :(

I'm going to use the new Company HQ that was in the house up close to the fighting, within LOS / Voice of my Platoon HQ's and / or their squads, so at least i can use the CO's morale modifier now that they have no radio, i will leave the HQ section in cover and see if their radio starts to work at some point.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, it must be an electrical issue. :-P