"Balanced" Scenario

My friend and I started the Sticking It Out scenario in the CW module by PBEM. I am the Canucks and I'm getting my butt kicked after only 5 minutes. The Germans have knocked out one of my AT guns and demolished a house and the men in it with long range fire from their Panthers. I just noticed a thread about this scenario where the designer does not recommend playing it HTH. Can anyone recommend some balanced scenarios suitable for PBEM? Thanks.

CW scenarios that I have played PBEM:

In the Shadow of the Hill 5-6 AM (might slightly favour the attacker, but the defender has his chances)

In the Shadow of the Hill 6-7 AM (just starting)

Buron: Sticking It Out (was a bit one sided as you note, although as the defender I did manage to wreck a few StuGs before it went irreversably downhill)

Keep Calm And Carry On (went fairly even, in the end the attacker won)

Linking Up & Breaking Out (Germans might be the underdogs, although both sides have a shot at victory)

There are also a bunch of scenarios that I think are reasonably balanced, but as I haven't played them H2H myself I cannot attest.

can you play campaigns by PBEM?

From the manual

/* Campaign Header*/

[PLAYER FORCE] blue // options are: blue/red

[HUMAN OPPONENT ALLOWED] no // no/yes

So you can allow a Human opponent but I don't think anybody has ever crafted one that can be played this way. Until someone does, we won't know if it's possible.

Thanks for the replies. One of my original questions was, can you play campaigns by PBEM?

I don't think you can but I'm not certain. If I recall correctly a campaign can be made for multi player but I think it can only be played hotseat. None of the campaigns that come with the game are designed for multi player so if such a beast exists it would be third party. I interpreted the response above about the campaign to be that you would want to separate scenarios out of the campaign they recommended and play them individually and not played as part of the campaign.

From the manual

/* Campaign Header*/

[PLAYER FORCE] blue // options are: blue/red

[HUMAN OPPONENT ALLOWED] no // no/yes

So you can allow a Human opponent but I don't think anybody has ever crafted one that can be played this way. Until someone does, we won't know if it's possible.

Yeah, I seem to recall someone trying it out and discovering that it only works hot seat, but my memory is a little hazy.

My friend and I both bought the game about 10 days ago and the pbem game we are playing is our first. So maybe battalion size?

Battalion size battles are big! If you are just starting out playing PBEM with your friend I'd suggest that maybe you should stick to Company sized battles so that you can better concentrate on the smaller details of each move.

The CMSF official USMC (or UK?) Campaign has a version (in the repository) been modified to allow H2H play, but there's NO guarantees that you'd actually want to play Syrians in that one. Or, if you did find someone to play Syrians that the Blue Force would be able to make much headway against an adaptable opponent.

Basically, it had the Yes/No bit flipped, and /maybe/ some barebones briefings added to the Red side. Otherwise the H2H campaign is stock one-player.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=99376

I have tried to keep a thread going in which the best HtH games are mentioned without Spoilers if possible.

This should help and I will update with the CW ones as I play them. Fredrocker is excellent and I will see if I can dig out link to where you can download them.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/home/?p=286

The above link is to Freds Work....