New file at the Repository: CW SS Icons (2012-03-11)

Unleash the Michael Wittman in you! This mod changes the stock floating icons of the Heer into the black and white color scheme of the Schutzstaffel. Extract and drop the brz file into your Z folder. If desired remove it when playing the regular German army. In fact, to be safe remove it from the Data folder as well since I've noticed that some graphics moods can bleed from there into the Z folder.By design obstacles, mines, trps, etc, have been left in stock colors.Enjoy and please refrain from atrocities.

More...

Nice to see the Black and Silver lads.

Yes, tks, Erwin.

Oddly, this mod is turning out to be more more popular than the Commonwealth one. Or maybe not so oddly. As I've grown older I've noticed that normal, red-blooded men can be counted on to appreciate three things in life: a good looking woman, professional sports, and SS paraphernalia.

Updated to 1.2 to include contact icons and other fixes.

Yes, tks, Erwin.

Oddly, this mod is turning out to be more more popular than the Commonwealth one. Or maybe not so oddly. As I've grown older I've noticed that normal, red-blooded men can be counted on to appreciate three things in life: a good looking woman, professional sports, and SS paraphernalia.

Updated to 1.2 to include contact icons and other fixes.

there is something about the SS symbols and uniforms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JKcExmQlA

'Hans, are we the baddies?' One of my favorite youtube vids!

Speaking of Villers-Bocage, that battle should really test the AFV targeting algorhythms; smoking chaos, tanks with or without crews, carriers, troops spilling tea, running around like decapitated chickens. How smart is the TacAI? Can the game really do without an Armor Cover Arc?

there is something about the SS symbols and uniforms

Yep. Whatever feelings one has toward the Nazis you have to admit their gear represents the ultimate in destructive haberdashery. The SS were especially dashing. I was thinking of wearing one of their uniforms to my nephew's wedding but it might be considered, what's the french term, 'mal vu'.

I think it's human nature...the bad guys are always more fascinating, from fiction to history...I call it Darth Vader syndrome. The thing that always pisses me off though, is when some ignorant dip confuses interest with condoning or advocating. People are so politically correct and sensitive...we've had auctions removed on Ebay because they get offended. One time some jerk saw a swastika flag on a Graf Spree model box and Ebay shut it down 'cause he complained.

LMAO...yeah, that suit might not fly at a wedding.

Mord.

'Hans, are we the baddies?' One of my favorite youtube vids!

Speaking of Villers-Bocage, that battle should really test the AFV targeting algorhythms; smoking chaos, tanks with or without crews, carriers, troops spilling tea, running around like decapitated chickens. How smart is the TacAI? Can the game really do without an Armor Cover Arc?

True I Just got done reading a couple books of Michael Wittmann, and the accounts surrounding villers bocage... The Brits were completely caught off guard... wow what a epic short battle.

yeah whoever designs that scenerio, UK tankers were not really prepared as the vehichles were pretty much parked, and crews were resting outside their tanks, not all of them, but between the smoke, bullets flying, explosions.. it must have truly been a nightmare seeing Whittmann's Tiger thundering down the road.... down the hill into Villers Boacage where more epic street fighting occured.