Anyone tried Breaking the Panzers? (spoilers)

What an amazing scenario - epic map and masses of units. Glorious! This is what CM is all about. It runs like a dream too, whatever you guys have done to optimize it, keep it up, it rocks.

I've only played 2 scenarios with the CW module so far, but loving every minute. It feels so much better than the base module. I'm guessing the speed optimizations have really helped. Looking forward to getting my teeth into the campaigns, but will try and play out the scenarios in the order they are presented first.

I'm partly through it and having fun repelling the incoming waves of arachnid invaders, though I think things are about to take a turn for the worse.

Was puzzled at the beginning of the scenario when it asked if I wanted to play as the allied attacker - bug?

• 2 years later...

I am currently playing this battle with a friend of mine. It is easily the bloodiest battle I have played in CMx2. The reason for this is that the Germans are basically forced down two bowling lanes (due to the extreme amount of bocage placement without gaps and initial engineer support) and the Allied player has 5 x TRPs to bring almost instant death and destruction onto the limited German routes of advance. Bloody indeed.

No - operator error ! Sorry about that :)

p

Lol I got burned by that one bad. I took it at it's word and just hid all my guys the first turn. I tend to like less info in a scenario just because it makes me work to figure out the enemies force and intent. Well the end result was I had blown my initial opportunity to suppress the enemies defenses while I moved up. I forced myself to play it out despite having totally botched it. I lost an entire company in one field when my opponent got into position first and butchered me. I will never make the mistake of ignoring briefings again. :D