CW/MG Graphical Additions, Practical Items to Consider

For the most part, the CW module is a great success a few days in in the looks department. The work on the UK forces is really great, and the OOB work and the new textures for the Germans is fantastic where available.

A few suggestions relating to the look of the game that I have noticed in other threads relating to the graphics, and my own noted items:

-Add in the red beret for the Brit para officer

-Allow modders to create separate texture set for discrete formation vehicles (waffen ss, luftwaffe), rather than share them between all forces. I'm imaging this could be done like CMBB winter textures were done, with designating a separate number/letter to the file name, but using the original texture as a placeholder.

-Add radio models to backs of soldier models (like US has) if unit has man carried radio. I know its in the UI, but it helps to pick him out quickly "in game"- where I want my eyes most of the time.

For the MG module:

-For the new "commercial" buildings-have the sign on the building (randomly/in the editor) place a graphic from a set of pre-created image possibilities. This would work like the posters do, but as an inherent part of the structure- there would be a placeholder or blank area until it was swapped. Allow the signs to be added like the uniform mods (space1, space2, etc) for users to create their own. This would allow for more urban variety, as well as creating historical specificity. To go even further, entire sides of buildings could be swapped in the editor to create a believable variety of urban structures.

Feel free to add practical ideas. I added the above, as these things seem within the realm of possibility.

There is a red beret mod (Mord). But have not yet tried it to see if only the para officers can get em while the other ranks wear the approved steel helmet (as in RL combat).

Mord said it cannot be done because the game is missing Brit Para individual officer gfx

-Allow modders to create separate texture set for discrete formation vehicles (waffen ss, luftwaffe), rather than share them between all forces. I'm imaging this could be done like CMBB winter textures were done, with designating a separate number/letter to the file name, but using the original texture as a placeholder.

-Add radio models to backs of soldier models (like US has) if unit has man carried radio. I know its in the UI, but it helps to pick him out quickly "in game"- where I want my eyes most of the time.

Feel free to add practical ideas. I added the above, as these things seem within the realm of possibility.

Well said benpark. I love this game but I got to admit, having to share camo schemes with regular Wehrmacht and SS, including have WH license plate really kills the immersion for me.

Absolutely agree regarding radio issue. Also, I've noticed that with the Axis, when you have a radio man in the squad, it is not even listed properly on the left where the green text is indicating what each individual soldier is doing. It doesn't say "radioman" like it does for US troops.

I didn't set this thread out as a graphic bugs thread, but I'll add to it as I see things brought up so as to help keep everything in one place .

-Engineers are not wearing correct uniforms:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103154

-Another one that I have noticed is that the Canadians seem to be using the British helmets. "That's no problem" you say, as they wear the same ones. Alas, I modded the Brit helmet from the Brit folder, not the Canadian one, and it's showing on the Canadians. I see their own respective helmets in their own folders, so I assume this is a possible bug.