'splain this ~

i have a US zook, downslope of Pz V... can't see.. checking his rounds, i see he's got 1 rocket left. fair enough he's the last man of his team. he knows what he has to do.. that Panther has a clean LOS to the valley below that is currently filled with GI's and no armor.... crawling about 10 meters uphill he finally gets a view of his target. slowly and carefully he loads his Tank killer, and hoping this round is true... controlling his shakes, he take aim and fires!

....a hit! but without visible damage and now he notes some grey clad infantry coming from the woods beyond the Panther, and obviously in support.. so having 'givin it his best shot' he rises with his (now 6 rounds of Zook ammo) and begins to scamper downslope... as he is clear of drawing fire he looks again, but see's he really only has 4 rockets in the carrying case (huh?) well maybe i miscounted twice before.. but finally goes to ground to count and be sure before deciding to crawl back up for a 2d shot and find he has zero left :P

so? what do you think? 1 round? 6? or 4? .. mystery to me ~ all that in one turn..and i kept the man highlighted so i could be sure i wasn't seeing things. he didn't stop to acquire any additional rounds from his squad, in fact he didn't stop running till the turn ended.

should i go back up the hill?

or should i take a course in accounting? :)

You say it's one guy - perhaps when he's close to his fallen comrades, his count goes up to reflect the fact that he could use the rounds lying by their bodies. Then as he moves further away again, the count drops.

It's just a guess, but seems that when he's crawled into los of the tank, he's out of range of "picking up" the loose ammo, hence 0 rounds. In which case, it wont help to send him back.

You say it's one guy - perhaps when he's close to his fallen comrades, his count goes up to reflect the fact that he could use the rounds lying by their bodies. Then as he moves further away again, the count drops.

It's just a guess, but seems that when he's crawled into los of the tank, he's out of range of "picking up" the loose ammo, hence 0 rounds. In which case, it wont help to send him back.

This is likely the correct answer, If you have him give buddy aid , then maybe the rounds will be his.

This is likely the correct answer, If you have him give buddy aid , then maybe the rounds will be his.

If this is true, then how can we trust any numbers to tell us what he has? I mean, the number would be how much he can possibly get, as oppossed to what he actually has. That doesn't sound right. I doubt battlefront made it like that. But who knows, with no feedback from battlefront, we are left to guess.

to be clear..

the turn start with him alone, showing 1 rocket. isolated. his team was further back.

after his shot, on rising up, his total immediately jumped to 6... then on his non-stop trip downhill, the total again changed in the same turn, to 2..3.. back to 2 up to 6, back to 5, then 4...

at no time did the man stop, or pass near any fallen comrades, or pass a jeep.

to be clear..

the turn start with him alone, showing 1 rocket. isolated. his team was further back.

after his shot, on rising up, his total immediately jumped to 6... then on his non-stop trip downhill, the total again changed in the same turn, to 2..3.. back to 2 up to 6, back to 5, then 4...

at no time did the man stop, or pass near any fallen comrades, or pass a jeep.

Ok this sounds like a computer program issue, likely just a one timer.

If this is true, then how can we trust any numbers to tell us what he has? I mean, the number would be how much he can possibly get, as oppossed to what he actually has. That doesn't sound right. I doubt battlefront made it like that. But who knows, with no feedback from battlefront, we are left to guess.

Lets make this a little clearer. The game is designed when working correctly to show both things, say for a mortar or AT gun, you will see how many rounds it can fire, which will be the ammo it has, plus the ammo of the ammo crew which is close by, if they have rounds. So the gun might show it has 10 rounds to fire, but it might also give you info that it has 2 in its supplys , the ammo crew would then have 8, look at their supplies. If you move them too far from the gun, the gun only will fire its two rounds.

So I thought it was something along these lines. You can also see these numbers change when crew members die, so you can at times recover ammo by giving buddy aid.

As for a bazooka or shreik, they are only two man teams, but if the buddy has the ammo and goes down, you need buddy aid to get it back, that is all i am sure of. I just had a bazooka team lose the man with the tube, So i made sure his team mate stayed around and gave him aid, when done, he graps the tube. basic game operating concept.

But this issue sounds like a bug, but not one that happens in normal play most of the time.

Its a computer game, they are buggy at times no matter how well they are designed. I have a ARTy spotter right now that has lost his team mate. He can see the requested objective, he has the radio, but the game is giving me a denied access to the arty now. Other units see it in use, he sees it as a denied request and cannot cancel it. It is a problem, but it does not happen all the time if you loose a arty spotter, just once in a while.

With the 3 man FO's, one is designated "Observer". Lose him and the FO team is "Denied" further arty.

Realistic? I have no idea.

Oh, no problem, but it ties up the 105 arty so no one can use it, At some point it should default back to available since contact is lost, but presently in the game it does not. So In this situation, I have lost the use of available 105

Personnally I do not mind the challenge of maybe not receiving a known asset, but I doubt it was part of how the game is supposed to function.

If you have a save file, send it. mark.ezra3591ATgmail.com

Was this referring to the OP's bazooka guy and his strangely changing ammo count, or the Artillery Observer death cancelling all access to artillery assets issue mentioned later ?

Because I've just run into the 2nd problem - FO tasks artillery with strike, about 1 or 2 turns before FFE, FO is killed. Strike does not go in, but all other HQ's now get "Denied" on that artillery asset.