[WIP] Conduct Mappin: BOBBAK to BN

Japanzer

Sorry, I forgot to reset the sleep value.

I have sometimes(once per 40-50 testing?) seen it that the status window is not on the top screen.

I think display over full screen game is breakable.

New version 1.02h

* The elevation problem fixed

I have made an alternative plan.

The part that reads the number of the next "Direct:xx", has been set to advanced configulation.

This makes users restart the editor when user resumes, because CMBN sets always the Elevation level to 20.

I'm hoping it goes well.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I did some testing and it seems that the number of fixed elevation points (the black ones in the map editor) does not negatively impact the frame rate.

So it may well be possible to transfer greyscale heightmap data (or something similar) directly (point-by-point) to CMx2 without loss of performance.

Perhaps our Hachidan tool programmer Japanzer can provide interfaces for this purpose.

Best regards,

Thomm

Sorry, I forgot to reset the sleep value.

I have sometimes(once per 40-50 testing?) seen it that the status window is not on the top screen.

I think display over full screen game is breakable.

New version 1.02h

* The elevation problem fixed

I have made an alternative plan.

The part that reads the number of the next "Direct:xx", has been set to advanced configulation.

This makes users restart the editor when user resumes, because CMBN sets always the Elevation level to 20.

I'm hoping it goes well.

Okay, it seems to be working now! I will run a full test as soon as I have more time, I'm very bussy at the moment!

Hola, brisbane

I am of the bad English, too.

There are three points to confirm.

1, Do you download UWSC.exe?

2, Do you associate the .uws extension with UWSC.exe?

3, I attached the ImportToCMx2_102i.zip. Please try it. Here are major diffence from ver.1.01

A, Fixed a decimal point character problem

B, The Aero canceler added. On Windows 7/Vista the Aero may cause the slowness on the image checking.

C, The elevator number not been read.

The conduct mappin file includes the Readme.html.

I wrote how to install (the url of uwsc), how to use, etc in the Readme.html.

Read it. :)

I am sorry, glups. I don´t see it.

Ok, I read it and I have seen your youtube videos. Now I can export maps from CMAK without problems, but when I try import them a message of error appears: "a type isn`t correct or overflow. PUBLIC MAPCONTOUR=2.5".

What is the problem? Perhaps, the size of the map in CMBN?

If the CMAK map has 800x800m, how I have to extend the "blank" map in CMBN editor before use "ImportToCMx2_102éé"?

Hi, brisbane

a message of error appears: "a type isn`t correct or overflow. PUBLIC MAPCONTOUR=2.5".

Many European use "," as a decimal point, which may be the cause of the error.

Try ImportToCMx2_102i.

The file is attached in #56 of this thread.

If the CMAK map has 800x800m, how I have to extend the "blank" map in CMBN editor before use "ImportToCMx2_102éé"?

If the CMAK map has 800x800m, it ise required that CMBN has 800x800m.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Japanzer, and thanks so much for your efforts! This is a brilliant idea, but apparently I get one error when using the ImportToCMx2.uws as follows:

No corresponding IFB

at line 484 ENDIF

I did download your tools from The Repository just last night, so I believe they should be the latest update? I cannot see any of your attachments in this thread!

Apparently the exporting script worked, but generated a file named <Conduct Mappin1.csv> and not the battle file name: I left it that way.

BTW when you are exporting and the editor is switched to the main screen from the map mode, you have to actually press the Parameters button, isn't it?

TIA

Hi, Gen Von Television. Thanks for your message.

No corresponding IFB

at line 484 ENDIF

UWSC ver.4.7b would be good for the error.

You can get it here(http://www.uwsc.info/former.html).

I confirmed the error message.

I think you use the UWSC ver.4.7c which is the latest version.

The auther of UWSC says that ver.4.7c checks IFB-ENDIF strictly.

I think my script has extra "ENDIF", and when fixed I'll update it.

Until I'll update it, I reccommend you using UWSC ver.4.7b.

Apparently the exporting script worked, but generated a file named <Conduct Mappin1.csv> and not the battle file name: I left it that way.

The export script gets the scenario name when the script clicks the save button of CMx1.

If the script fails to get the scenario name, the sctipt names <Conduct Mappin1.csv>.

I don't know the reason of fail of getting the scenario name, because I don't have seen your screen when the fail happens.

BTW when you are exporting and the editor is switched to the main screen from the map mode, you have to actually press the Parameters button, isn't it?

Yes.

When the message box "CMx1 data Export is done." is displayed, the script ends.

This is a fantastic tool, and thanks to Japanzer for making it.

Could someone please post a step by step guide in clear English that really spells out how the process works? Screenshots would be helpful too. I tried it but got stuck a few times and couldn't understand the answers to my questions. Because this tool requires downloading another program that takes control of your cursor, etc., I think it's daunting to many users. More people would use it if we could all understand it better.

OK it finished the conversion, but...

# the size doesn't fit at all: the original map is 1120*1600 m, while the converted map (I set the same size in CMBN editor) leaves a lot of space right and down empty, apparently resizing the populated map to something like 3/4 or even 1/2

# none of the streets are fully reproduced, but just some fragments here and there

# big complex assembled buildings are replaced by single large houses

# hedges are converted into trees and there are too many around

# no bridges

# title and properties are not imported and the converted map is still named as <Conduct Mappin1.csv>

Well, the main layout is all right, but given the fact the size is wrong it would be difficult to adjust things, since you'll have to reposition everything, so it would much wiser to start from blank and rebuild the map entirely.

I can't say if it's a case with this specific map, it's dimensions, or what else...

The conversion was made from AK ETO that contains Mod textures, but the editor is an AK standard, I'm sure.

I wasn't able to grab any screenshot of the editor: tried to use Irfanview unsuccessfully...

The original map might be heavy.

Please try with a small map.

Another sugestion is to change the configurations.

Open the ImportToCMx2.uws by your Text Edtior.

You can see "Advanced Configuration." at line 20-25.

Change the values.

And, send me 3 files (your CMx1 original file, Conduct Mappin1.csv, and the converted CMBN map).

URL is here japanzer@hotmail.com

Thanks again Japanzer: I just sent you the materials...

Actually as you will see in the files I did send you, it appears as if the import operation was left unfinished, but still I did see the cursor move (slowly) and in the end a panel pop up to signal the conclusion... I'm not sure it's a case of 'sleeping' time for the PC.

Besides, the whole layout for the map seems to be there, but re-sized down!

I renamed the Conduct Mappin1.csv to About_Time.csv.

Let us know!

S!

Hi, Gen Von Television.

First of all, I did the wrong answer. From the script shows the message "Elevation Reading starts.", user does NOT need to press or click until the script shows the "CMx1 data Export is done." message. The script switches from map mode to parameters mode in CMx1 automatically.

leaves a lot of space right and down empty, apparently resizing the populated map to something like 3/4 or even 1/2

I exported and imported your map data. It worked, and got the scenario name.

Many buildings aren't exported, but there is no help for it.

A lot of space

See Limitation in the readme.html

On the resolutin 1024*768, CMx1's map width is displayed up to 920m. The script can not scrool map.

The export.uws is not able to know about the area over 920m.

eximport.jpg

If you cut the CMx1 map over 920m and use export.uws to get the data, then you can join the export data .csv files.

If you open the export data .csv jointed by import.uws, you can import broader map.

I attached the ASL It's About TimeJointed.zip. But ,the height is 1380m.(due to the resolution 768). Try it.

If you have a big monitor, try the script on the broader resolution. I made the script on the resolutin 1024*768, but the coordinates are coded by using variables.

It might works, but no guarantee.

Japanzer

Japanzer, I certainly appreciate your efforts here and thank you very much!

I've just converted the file you've created, but the results in this case are less than acceptable:

i.e. the roads with trees are converted in a wooded area, the composite house blocks are created as single buildings, etc.

Of course this tool may be helpful to create a general layout for the map, so that you can start refining it, but the fact you are obliged to assemble and stitch together the export files for larger maps would be difficult, I deem.

Besides the degree of work to adapt all the details (including all elevations) to the new CMX2 engine is so extensive, I believe we would be much better off starting from blank maps...

So IMO it may be helpful for maps that are completely visible in the CMX1 editor (so you do not have to delve into copy/paste obscure codes in the created files risking messy errors), but anyhow you should expect a very long and attentive work to correct the imported map to the CMX2 standards, and that may amount to import even some errors that would be longer to correct than to just place the correct tiles and objects on an empty space...

S!

• 2 months later...