Time of Day ?

Single player-Campaign question------sometimes the Computer monitor screen seems a lot DARKER than other times ?? Does this mean darkness is approaching in the battle or I have a PC problem ? If it's supposed to indicate approaching darkness how do i know what time it is other than checking the setting sun on screen ?(cloudy day?) Thanks.

Single player-Campaign question------sometimes the Computer monitor screen seems a lot DARKER than other times ?? Does this mean darkness is approaching in the battle or I have a PC problem ? If it's supposed to indicate approaching darkness how do i know what time it is other than checking the setting sun on screen ?(cloudy day?) Thanks.

There is a 24 hour clock in the compass on the top right corner of the screen.

Look at the tree/ object shadows, and the clock of course. Sun declination just before 08:00 or just after 17:00 becomes very apparent, without actually darkening the sky. Quite pleasing to the eye.

Unfortunately leeward ground elevation does not shadow with the angle of the sun :( this would have elimated the requirement for the ground mod contour grid.

What timezone they use in the game? As the Allies and Germans used very different time zones time could have varied quite a lot at the different sides of the battlefield? And are the times of sunrise and sunset correctly simulated to match the times in the june-august in Normandy area?

If not fix it or do somefink!

What timezone they use in the game? As the Allies and Germans used very different time zones time could have varied quite a lot at the different sides of the battlefield?

Germans used Berlin time with Daylight Saving Time, or GMT+2. Allies used British Double Daylight Saving Time, which meant GMT+2. Quite convenient!

CMx2 models even the moon phases correctly. Yes, that will come really handy once we get to the late war 'Werewolf' module...

Germans used Berlin time with Daylight Saving Time, or GMT+2. Allies used British Double Daylight Saving Time, which meant GMT+2. Quite convenient!

Well, thats new to me! I thought the Germans did it weirdly when they used the same time zone in the furthest part of their occupied zone in Russia as was in Berlin.

Well, thats new to me! I thought the Germans did it weirdly when they used the same time zone in the furthest part of their occupied zone in Russia as was in Berlin.

It was a way to avoid confusion in communications. I think, but don't yet know for sure, that for the same reason, the USN always dated comms GMT.

Michael

A funny thing I noticed about the passage of time when playing WEGO, especially at dawn and dusk. I was playing a battle at dawn, and for the setup turn, it started out so dark I couldn't see anything, even my own troops. This I found frustrating...until I noticed that it was gradually getting lighter even though no time was running off the clock. Cool, now I could see well enough to make my dispositions. The other thing I noticed was that at the start of each turn, the light was appropriate to the time on the clock no matter how bright it had gotten during the previous orders phase. This continued until the sun was completely up. Naturally the reverse occurred during battles set at dusk.

Michael

A funny thing I noticed about the passage of time when playing WEGO, especially at dawn and dusk. I was playing a battle at dawn, and for the setup turn, it started out so dark I couldn't see anything, even my own troops. This I found frustrating...until I noticed that it was gradually getting lighter even though no time was running off the clock. Cool, now I could see well enough to make my dispositions. The other thing I noticed was that at the start of each turn, the light was appropriate to the time on the clock no matter how bright it had gotten during the previous orders phase. This continued until the sun was completely up. Naturally the reverse occurred during battles set at dusk.

Michael

Yeah, I remember asking about it long ago. The explanation was that the setup phase needs to be unpaused for the deploying units around to work right. This then has the side effect that if you alt-tab from the setup and return 6 hours later, it looks very different to how you left it, until you finish setup and time resets.

Yeah, I remember asking about it long ago. The explanation was that the setup phase needs to be unpaused for the deploying units around to work right. This then has the side effect that if you alt-tab from the setup and return 6 hours later, it looks very different to how you left it, until you finish setup and time resets.

Only, IIRC, I am very sure that the brightening also occurred in turns after the setup turn, until it was fully light by the clock.

Michael