Panzershrek/bazooka Teams

I am a little confused at something that seems fairly inconsistent and arbitrary. If a two man team (dedicated or detached from a squad) uses up all its at ammo it seems like:

a) half of the time the member with the shrek/zook pulls out a secondary weapon,

B) the rest of the time they simply run around with the weapon

Is this experience common to anyone else? What is supposed to happen?

I've had some luck with them. Are they pulling out their secondary when enemy vehicles are around? Because I havent had too much of a problem with them using their main weapon. If anything the biggest problem I've had is they run out of ammo and I need more rockets.

I am a little confused at something that seems fairly inconsistent and arbitrary. If a two man team (dedicated or detached from a squad) uses up all its at ammo it seems like:

a) half of the time the member with the shrek/zook pulls out a secondary weapon,

My emphasis added. What I _think_ should happen is that, depending on morale and the kind of enemy in sight, they should either engage, hide, or run away. :)

If they're going to engage, then small arms (secondary weapons) would be appropriate.

If they're running away, whether then or later, why should they throw away a bazooka or panzerschreck launcher? They should keep it. You should coordinate a rendezvous with a resupply truck or halftrack so they can get more rockets.

From your description, it certainly sounds like they're acting appropriately.

Ken

I don't really understand the question.

From what I've seen the shreck gunner usually has his main up unless there's enemy infantry nearby. Running around with the zook or shreck on the back would be pretty awkward and forget diving into cover.

A few hours ago I had a shreck team that defeated a mechanized platoon on their own and then immobilized a M7 Priest with the last AT-rocket after which the gunned down the crew with their sidearms. It took some time for the gunner to pull up his pistol but as soon as he moved so that he could see the enemy he did so.

• 1 month later...