Interface Updates with the Commonwealth Module

The user interface can be completely revamped without a new engine. I'm not talking about new commands, I'm talking about user interface purely. There can be significant improvements with little or no coding to the engine.

However, Even new commands such as "Vehicle cover arc" which according to Steve would require some changes to AI behavior could probably be added with a "new engine"

Without releasing any details, can someone in the know confirm whether any of the User Interface upgrades will be included with the release of this module?? I know that was one of the areas the BF team was wanting to focus on going forward.

well what changes did u have in mind, it all seems fine for the most part ?.. though i would love to see a button that makes it possible to make units pause 4 a designated amount of time ^_^

okokokok ... I admit it. .... My original post was leading up to another "Cover Armor Arc" request!!!!

Any chance of that happening??

And maybe a "confirm" button after hitting the Red button. .... After 3 hours of playing and 6 beers in single-player mode, I always seem to hit that button when I want to hit the "play" button ... or vice-versa.

However, what I dearly hope for is an improved Arty UI. Having to start-over every time to adjust a request after clicking in the wrong place is a complete PITA...

Word. That sort of UI "refinement" doesn't seem to be so huge a thing that a module couldn't include it (of course the Brain in a Jar may know different). Unlike changing the display emphasis on the relative model of command, for example, or allowing acquire from adjacent to a vehicle or making dismount commands relative to the selected waypoint.

I would really like some kind of a color indicator added to the ammo panel to alert on ammo status at a glance. Green (plenty), Yellow(low), and Red (for empty)Intergers are great as they are precise, but I miss the color bars from CMSF as it was a quicker assesment at a glance.