Artillery duration and usage of rounds question

From the manual:

Duration - determines number of rounds to use per mission:

Quick - 2-4 rounds

Short - 6-12 rounds

Medium - 12-18 rounds

Long - 20-28 rounds

Maximum - exhausts ammo supply

Is this the absolute number or does it multiply with the number of assets used? This is NOT stated in the manual but I have the feeling that I had a mission use more than 28 rounds.

Are spotting rounds counted? You'd use up all your quick round in spotting if so!

I dont know about Normandy, but I believe in CMSF they did count, thats why I ussually tended to go for a short mission instead of a quick one, and light so that if I destroyed the target with my first shots I could cancel the mission.

still dont quote me on that!

"...and "light intensity" (my quotes) so that if I destroyed the target with my first shots I could cancel the mission."

That's a good idea I think I shall use in future. It is frustrating to have to order multiple Quick or even Short missions because the target is not hit or destroyed by the first mission, and then another time have it destroyed almost immediately while you watch another 20 rounds wasted (a problem esp in WEGO).

I did some testing and it is - as boche said - the number per tube.

I wish that BFC would simply use the range in numbers and the duration in minutes. The amount of available rounds is given as a exact number and so should be the mission parameters. Currently its just confusing.