CMSF Walkthrough

tyrspawn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get in another platoon's Strykers. The reason that squad couldn't get in was because it was a Recon Stryker with only so many seats and rifle squads only fit in regular Strykers.

This is good to know, still stupid that one or two guys couldn't run in and get the gear. The acquire command should work outside the vic and then a few guys run in to bring it out.

You could split a squad manually and grab the gear.

On a related note, you can also split off the two man "AT team" from the squad and send them back to grab more ammo and run back, while keeping most of the squad in place. When you merge them back it's obviously all redistributed. I use this method if a unit starts running low while in a large fight, so that I can top up the ammo without ever taking them "off the line". I also generally load up the guys with an extra 1000 rounds of 5.56 and light AT at the start, unless I expect to do a lot running. Generally its a good idea to be able to expend a lot of ammo, especially to suppress while on the attack. AT4s/LAWs are also great for attacking structures. If you have vehicles, make use of all that ammo they carry.

I would have approached those SF differently,

I would have pressed the advantage you had against those SF when they came driving in the open. The mortars aren't that dangerous, just button up if they started coming down. But that was the only good opportunity to slaughter the SF with little resistance. Those UAZs are deathtraps and on top of that they were in the open. The supply guys with their M2s should have been enough to wipe out most of them right from the start (they inflicted quite a few causalities on those they engaged from what I saw). It's only going to be harder to fight them later when they're dismounted in cover. So I would have at least delayed the escape.

I however only had the time to watch the first 10 minutes or so, I don't know how it worked out for you. It wasn't a bad call from what I saw (you didn't get pixeltruppen killed), but it seemed like more aggression while they were weak would have payed off in the long run.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it worked out tomorrow when I have time (interesting series of videos btw). It's always interesting to see how different people react to a scenario.

So I finished the campaign today - I was pretty surprised that it ended at Hims and not Damascus. Have the devs ever given any reason why Hims appears to be the capitol in this game?

I decided that I am not going to post a few of the levels, even though at first I decided to make a complete walkthrough. "ambush alley" and the subsequent mission which I forgot the name of were so boring and poorly made that I didn't think anyone, even hardcore CMSF fans, would want to watch them. I just muscled through them without any real tactical thinking.

The rest of the missions should be uploaded to youtube within the next 2 days.

RE: special forces

I was told in the briefing to not lose any of the supply teams, and I knew there was at least one ATGM team in the area, as well as scattered irregular forces. This was my first time playing the level so I had no idea what to expect. If the SF dismounted they would have owned me pretty hard, considering their modern AT weapons and resistance to suppression. It was a bit of "RP" to follow my orders faithfully.

WeGo = each player plots their moves, action resolved simultaneously for a specified length of time.

IGOYOUGO (or IGOUGO) = a player has a distinct turn where moves and action are resolved instantly with (usually) no input from the other player. Then play switches to the other side.

RealTime = both players interact with their units at the same time, action is carried out instantly.

There are all kinds of variations on theme, but at the heart all games are either one or the other. Or are more than one, in the case of CMx2's support of both RealTime and WeGo.

Steve

Not a very surprising statistic to be honest. :D Good job on the videos! Loved watching them. Any chances of you moving on to the Marines or British Forces modules?

Still trying to decide if I am going to buy them, they seem quite overpriced for what you get.

BTW new vid, my favorite mission: