How will rising sea levels show up on this?

Wilhammer

I just took a look at Fort Wadsworth (Staten Island NY) where I lived in the 70s. The tool shows that with a rise of 14 meters a bluff over 200 ft above the current shore would be under water, while a lower section of road was dry. Looks like the tool needs a little refining.

Bogan - that is the second time today I have run into :almost: that word.

Bogon I heard for the first time today - I am not a Network guy, so this term was alien to me;

The term "bogon" stems from hacker jargon, where it is defined as the quantum of "bogosity", or the property of being bogus. A bogon packet is frequently bogus both in the conventional sense of being forged for illegitimate purposes, and in the hackish sense of being incorrect, absurd, and useless: see Quantum bogodynamics.

===============

Quantum bogodynamics - a fascinating 'science'.

well, the tool is not very accurate. I just went New Orleans and started with 1m rise in sea level. Assuming that the levees were not there to protect New Orleans, it only shows spotty flooding even in the lowest areas of the city which are typically 5-8 feet below current sea levels to begin with.

Using my knowledge of what actually flooded in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, I determined that the setting of 4m(13.12 ft) best represents what actually flooded. However, I also know that in reality the flooding never got above 2.5 above sea level. Therefore, I can estimate that this tool is off by over 10 feet. An actual flood of 4m above sea level would cover the entire city except the levees.