I'm in. PBEM only.

Think you should put all the play-testers in the vet group, everybody else, newbies. Maybe another group of SSN's, but I doubt you'll get too many.

And perhaps you should just flip a quarter all the way down to assign sides for the players.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to participate but I would say that some playtesters do not have much experience playing others and the new units don't offer an advantage if such a player was put against the likes of Terif, JJvR, Konigs, Iron Ranger, Jollyguy or anyone else I can't think of that has extensive PvP experience.

They could easily be bunched up together.

True, but I'd rather not exclude anyone. And, truthfully, it takes months of playing to figure out a lot of the different strategies. I don't think the US/UK "bomber" strategy even became public until recently, right?

I agree with Blashy, it shouldn't take very long to get accustomed to the new game elements. What will be most interesting to see are the strategies people pull off with the new units and game features.

Unfortunately there is no way to truly have everyone go in "blind", as a whole game takes weeks to complete. In the meantime you can be playing 6 other games, either against the AI or other players.

The spirit of this tournament is to go crazy and have fun. Try something you wouldn't normally do, defeat someone with some new strategies so you can be the first to talk about it. We'll have plenty of games and tournaments afterwards to take it more seriously, but for this one, go all in.

• 1 month later...

Well gentlemen, I am off for my wedding and honeymoon and won't be returning to duty until Oct. 22nd. If someone would be so kind as to take over this tourny if it ends up starting while I'm gone, I'd be much obliged.

Otherwise, if WaW isn't out by the time I get back I'll get back in the saddle again.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Not going to have the time, Rambo withdraws.

Oh, what is dah matter with the Legend? You scared once you found out Waltero was in the game?

No worries Rambo I understand that you are Chicken and could not stand to suffer another loss against the Great Waltero.

Nobody is going to blame you. Maybe you do not rank up there with me but I believe they could create a kiddie league for your skill level!

• 3 weeks later...