You Will Not Be Able To Stay Home, Brother. The Peng Challenge Will Not Be Televised

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by KG_Steiner:

i dont understand the purpose of this thread. you all appear to be rambling insanely. perhaps this is the unfortunate side effect of spending too much time in a digitally recreated desert, under fire.

*backing away slowly*

Oh great, a guy with a username based on some German-kampfgruppe-Pekinpah movie.

Never seen that before.

Originally posted by dalem:

Oh, and by the way, I am experiencing a deep craving for chocolate chip cookies.

That's not allowed. You're Italian-American (notice how carefully I avoid using derogatory ethnic slurs, like wop, greaser, or cooty heaven?). Go cook up some pasta. Or chicken cacciatore. Or maybe a nice pot of minestrone.

Michael

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Is this an IF AND ONLY IF?

Don't confuse him with complex sentences. He gets lost if they contain more than five words and has to go back to the beginning and start over. It turns into an endless loop and days later, someone discovers him sitting on the edge of his bed, an unlaced shoe in his hand, lips still moving.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Oh, and by the way, I am experiencing a deep craving for chocolate chip cookies.

That's not allowed. You're Italian-American (notice how carefully I avoid using derogatory ethnic slurs, like wop, greaser, or cooty heaven?). Go cook up some pasta. Or chicken cacciatore. Or maybe a nice pot of minestrone.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by 37mm:

In the end my thread was crushed by the very one who had founded my personal quest…

A travesty for sure

And yet...you are here.

Oh frabjous day! Caloo, Callay!

Come to my arms, my beamish boy!

I have never been more proud of you, 37mm. You've made an Olde One happy.

Now, get down on all fours so I can stand on your back. I want to welcome Croda back by punching him in the throat.

You're Italian-American

And GAAAAAHHHH!!!! I hate PC blabberbabble.

Here in the non-PC world of the MBT I can demand to be called an American, Eye-tie, Wop, or a piece of white trash (born in Alabama y'know) gun nutting right-wing filth, but I will not suffer the meaningless non-label of "Italian-American".

We now return you to your regularly scheduled exercise.

but I've never heard "I only ever play that scenario with the Germans invincible Tigers pitted against 2 pounder armed brits"

Oh, to be a Squire, again. Not that I ever was. But it's refreshing to know that people are still that innocent.

The purpose of all restrictive, pointless, talentless Oligarchies is to continue to be so. I shall watch your future progress with a right good will.

I think you will fit in here just fine.

Was it not so long ago when you yourself were asking for me to complete a quest (at least that’s what I think you were saying)...

Oh, yes. What the hell was I on about, again? Ah! I shall set you a Quest. It will satisfy even our lordly Chief Justicar. Not sure how it'll play with our 'Bizarro Justicar'. I guess we'll just have to see.

Expect an email.

Hardly. I drove myself over the Rockies in an MG. That's a westerly direction.

Michael

Sod that for a lark. You're like Huck Finn. He thought he could float down the Mississippi to the Free States. You probably thought you were headed North.

Originally posted by dalem:

Apparently I was born in Mobile. Didn't stay long though - quickly spirited away to Tennessee.

Is that what they told you? Tennessee was your family's 'Guantanamo'. You were detained there before being released further North for lack of hard evidence.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

but I will not suffer the meaningless non-label of "Italian-American".

Dalem has 'Italian-American' guns. Wherever he goes, dago. </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Fehum and Pootum!!

Still refusing to ever post in this thread now that it was absconded by the Bard.

Lee Oh, I was hating Croda back when it was fashionable. Don't try so hard to be just like me.

- Hiram t-shirts available in the lobby

Everybody hates Croda. It's a universal truth. Ever since his game-cracking-win by his shermans against my poor code-reduced Uber Kitties, life has revolved around revenge. And it shall be mine.

Croda, as the top of your head appeared from the bottom of the 'pool. Did you feel the w a f t of a 2 iron as it made practise over your pointy protuberance of a pustule you call your head? Did you have a momentary shiver of anticipation? A feeling of "oh sh*te", an anticipation of loss?

This shall be your fate. A CMAK game v3 of your choice. I shall triumph. You shall lose, big time.

You will sink back to the depths of the 'pool, never to resurface. A shame that not even victory over Hiram could erase, but then any victory over Hiram is devalued by his his inability to paint straight lines on his models.

Send a setup.

Noba. </font>

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

I now post to you from a super-duper high-speed spanking-new satellite inner-net connecshun.

so *thpbbt!*

Edited to mention that, of course, now this means my wonderful and handsome husband will have to go out and buy a router or a hub or sumfink so that *both* computers can utilize the connection.

That connecting bastert was supposed to connect both of our PC's. Yeesh!!

Oh, yes. What the hell was I on about, again? Ah! I shall set you a Quest. It will satisfy even our lordly Chief Justicar. Not sure how it'll play with our 'Bizarro Justicar'. I guess we'll just have to see.

Expect an email.

Dark times are upon us & bad omens are a plenty. Croda has returned, my liege has been afflicted with witchery which hath enfeebled him, the Justicars are at war, honest Peng threads with fine rules are abandoned, Australians multiply, foul messages are sent, two headed beasts are born, the sun is swallowed and now I face a quest!

Am I ready?

I don’t know but if my fate is indeed to be the messiah then sooner or later I must act like one and face the darkness head on… I’ve put on my rusty & ill fitting armour, acquired a bitten sword and have taken a flea bitten nag as my charger. I journey now & much lies upon my shoulders yet as long as there is a bitter HE wielding bone in my body I vow to not dishonour my house…

For Morse I ride!!!!