Peng, The Musical Challenge

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nidan1:

When my son was small I used to tell him that under his bed was the Sabre-toothed Dust Kitty , and it was there to bite the toes of nose-pickers. Gee Boo I wish I knew you back then.

Oh, that's OK. I think you did enough irreparable harm on your own. So, in lieu of Dr. Spock, what was you child's training manual? "Tough Love" by Huck Finn's dad?

Peng, Peng the musical fruit

The more you read it

The more its moot

The more its moot

The more its shmooks

Peng, Peng the..

(intermission..not a Combat Intermission..just an intermission).

It has come to my attention that Andreas, the beer swilling sausage chomping germanite, walks long distances to work in humid English climates. This, if I am not mistaken, leads to very powerful uber-odors of Arian proportians. Andreas, you stink. Nuff said.

(intermission concluded)

The more you puke

The less you shmook

Peng, Peng , the Arian fruit

Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

The more you read it

The more its moot

The more its moot

The more its shmooks

Peng, Peng the..

It has come to my attention that Andreas, the beer swilling sausage chomping germanite, walks long distances to work in humid English climates. This, if I am not mistaken, leads to very powerful uber-odors of Arian proportians. Andreas, you stink. Nuff said.

(intermission concluded)

The more you puke

The less you shmook

Nope, no e-mail...........

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

The more you read it

The more its moot

The more its moot

The more its shmooks

Peng, Peng the..

(intermission concluded)

The more you puke

The less you shmook

Nope, no e-mail...........

Noba. </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Speechless, Dame Emma?

Well, if you are wondering upon what subject you can discourse at length, perhaps you can tell me why men are so much more focussed on physical relationships while women are not.

Steve </font>

Sod all.

All of my opponents who actually come in here to read the Peng Challenge (and who can also read, because I know a lot of you just look at the pictures), please bear with me. My computer, although it works quite well, cannot play CM, and I'm not sure why.

Berli, if you read this, call me. I rebooted into System 9, and then opened CM, and although it went well enough, what I got when the actual map loaded and opened was a nightmarish prism/rainbow landscape like something out of Yellow Submarine. I could see the map, and I could scroll around, but everything was nightmarish refracted colours.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Berli, if you read this, call me. I rebooted into System 9, and then opened CM, and although it went well enough, what I got when the actual map loaded and opened was a nightmarish prism/rainbow landscape like something out of Yellow Submarine. I could see the map, and I could scroll around, but everything was nightmarish refracted colours.

Maybe an LSD worm? Have you opened any emails from Dr. Leary lately?

Steve

In the deepest, darkest parts of my heart where I stabbeth at thee, I am somehow comforted that CM, the source of all goodness in your life (we can only assume) has turned to bite you and cause pain.

I also hope such pain is fairly short lived, because you and I have a game in which I will teach you the meaning of discomfort. Maybe even excruciating uncomfortableness.

Sod all.

All of my opponents who actually come in here to read the Peng Challenge (and who can also read, because I know a lot of you just look at the pictures), please bear with me. My computer, although it works quite well, cannot play CM, and I'm not sure why.

That explains it! You've been allowing the computer to play your games. I knew no human could play as poorly as you.

You might want to do a search (If you already haven't). I think someone else mentioned somewhere that even with OS 9 they weren't able to play CM on a Mac that had OSX loaded.

Does this help?

gibsonm

Member # 715

posted January 30, 2003 02:08 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

If you do a search you will see that this topic was thrashed to death just after the CMBB demo was released (refer:CMBB in OS X). In summary though:

No, you can't run CMBB in OS X Classic.

Yes, you can run CMBB by booting into OS 9 (not Classic). Also you no longer need to delete the Classic Rave extension.

As for not booting into OS 9, the position seems far from clear. My 1 GHz 15" PowerBook does boot into OS 9, the new 1.25 GHz model (released just over two days ago) still boots into OS 9, but the old 1.0 GHz and the new 1.42 GHz don't.

Also just because the machine can boot into OS 9 doesn't mean everything is fine. There seems to be issues with CMBB and almost every current video card used by Apple.

--------------------

Regards,

Mark (}-;

Very Happy Ti PB (1GHz/1Gb) user

X.II.VI / 9.2.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ August 24, 2003, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Speechless, Dame Emma?

Nahhh, I was happily preparing a post when I hit the "add reply" a little to prematurely.

I was dissecting a very long song at the time and I didn't want anyone seeing it before completion, and as it was late, I thought.. sod it, I'll scrub it completety and hit the sack............

Well, if you are wondering upon what subject you can discourse at length..

See above....

My problem is keeping it short and sweet, you know how us women tend to ramble on!!

perhaps you can tell me why men are so much more focussed on physical relationships while women are not.
Hmmmmmm, now that would take me hours, and I am sure you wouldn't want to hear what I have to say on that particular subject, at least not in here....

Anyway, it's time for my morning coffee, fancy a chinwag MrSpkr ?

Guest PondScum

<font size=-1>a nightmarish prism/rainbow landscape like something out of Yellow Submarine</font>

This is karmic revenge for the "dalem in the sky with diamonds" monstrosity that you foisted on us in the last thread.

Let me know when to ignore your turns once more.

Some updates.

Boo is thrashing around finding places to hide in the snow whilst my glorious troops have his by the throat as they happily sing and slap them into more insensibility.

Leeo looks for more hidey holes for his pixel troops whilst my glorious troops have them by the throat as they happily sing and slap them into more insensibility.

Elvis gamily hacks the code in another battle from the AI - that loads it wildly in his favour. We still manage to slap a few of his troops as we progress to the flags.

Mace, the fine upstanding Eastern States chap, proceeds to attack straight into TWO mortar barrages. Not clever sheepshagger. Loverly to watch.

OGSF is sending turns slower than even Joe. That he could be winning doesn't seem to make him hurry. His Russians turn their backs and raise their Lend-Lease kilts and dare my scared troops to attack. Ewww.

Meanwhile, Speedbump makes a really good impersonator of all things Russian by advancing at all costs to immolate his tanks on the guns of my Hetzers. I love the sight of burning tanks in cornfields....

At this point, I'm glad to report that I am not playing Joe or Seanachai. This is one of life's little pleasures that we should all cherish.

And a reply to that other fine chap, Speedy. I was at Telstra Dome watching Essendon beat Brisbane when that fire was on. We had perchance moved out to stay in Williamstown by then, luckily.

Noba.

Just wanted you to know that I blame each one of you for everything that's wrong in the world and my idea of a fun pastime would be to chase you all through the fields of summer wheat, driving a Massey Ferguson combine.

Except for the ladies of course. They can sit on the side lines and sip daquiries.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Bless you my son, and may your cup always runnith over.

Hmmmm...... I feel a song coming on.

Please, delight us with your musical talents, Dame Emma.

Steve </font>