Yeah well here is your DAM Update!!!! And Madmatt has fun with tracked Vehicles! CMHQ

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Wow! The editor is DAM powerfull! Need proof? Than stop wasting time here and get over to CMHQ where the newest Special Feature is ready. And its about DAM time too!

DAM THATS AWESOME shows in words and pictures (mostly pretty pictures though) just what is possible with the Map Editor when you put your mind to it!

PLUS my all time most favorite POTD, staring, Who else? ME!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-11-2000).]

Fully impressed Matt, you're an arteest smile.gif

Did you retouch the POTD? Just a little? To give the vehicle commander a biggrin.gif?

Oh, BTW, whats that rubbly looking stuff at teh near end of the dam in the first shot?

Cheers

Jon

------------------

Ubique

Guest Madmatt

Heheh nope no retouching was done at all. Although that texture of the TC won't be in the final version but I'll be DAMed if I am going to take it out of my copy!

The rubbly looking stuff is that: RUBBLE, well in the shape of a roadblock anyway.

For those eagle eyes amongst you there are about a dozen new textures strewn about in all those shots but due to the distance it's going to be hard to pick them out.

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

*picking myself off the floor* Last visit to the doctor I was able to shrug off the question of my increased heart rate and bp....now I'm afraid I will have to just tell him the truth..."see doc, there is this amazing game, with amazing graphics, amazing map editor, amazing gameplay....well, you get the idea. Maybe he'll give me a Px for one copy of Combat Mission! smile.gif

I agree with Mattias, how much better can this get!?

Guest Madmatt

I have been thinking about that DAM DAM all night and morning and want to do some tweaks to it still. Who knows, maybe I can actually make it playable! tongue.gif

Either way, as soon as the game ships I will make this available for download if anyone would want it.

But first...I AM GONNA BLOW THE CRAP OUTA IT!!!

Thats right, tonight I will send in a few squadrons of Fighter-Bombers and see what happens. I doubt they will drop bombs on a hunk of pavement (which is what the DAM really is, to the game at least) but those vehicles and bunkers are nice and juicy so we shall see what happens!

In regards to Navaronne, well I really don't know much about how that would look...And I don't get to say DAM all over either.. frown.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

He DAMmatt,

did i see it right ... were there, besides the DAM pretty Ostwind, a stationary 37mm-FLAK and a truck mounted 20mm-flak on the DAM DAM ? That would give those DAM fighter bombers a DAM hard time ! wink.gif

Grtz S Bakker.

PS: a couple of jabos will wipe those smirks of those kraut faces as soon as you can say DAM DAM bacon eggs and DAM ! smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

But first...I AM GONNA BLOW THE CRAP OUTA IT!!!...I doubt they will drop bombs on a hunk of pavement ... so we shall see what happens!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now if you get BTS to provide a little patch so we can see some skip bombs splashng up the river!!!!! BOOM!

Guest Madmatt

Any of you old timer C-64 and Amiga gamers remember an Ancient but Cool game where you were in a British Bomber at night in WWII and bombing DAMS?!? Dam Buster maybe??? confused.gif

I remember there were cool searchlights that would light up the sky as you closed with the DAM itself.

Ahhh, recapturing those bygone days when gaming was simple... Anyone care to play some Kampfgruppe? wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Madmatt

Originally posted by s bakker:

He DAMmatt,

did i see it right ... were there, besides the DAM pretty Ostwind, a stationary 37mm-FLAK and a truck mounted 20mm-flak on the DAM DAM ?

In the background with the Ostwind there is just a regular unloaded truck and a quad 20mm a little more behind it. I did have a truck loaded FlaK gun somewhere but I can't remember where he ended up. It was a Sd Kfz 7/1.

When I get home I will post a complete list of whats on top of (and below) the bridge. Here is some off the top of my gleaming bald head:

3 models of Panther (A, G and the other one tongue.gif)

Quad 20's

FlaK 88's

Ostwinds

Wirblewinds

37mm

251-1's Halftracks

2 Companies of Panzergrenadiers

Some Kubelwagon Staff cars

Some trucks

Some Sd Kfz 7/1's

88mm armed Bunkers

Roadblocks

Minefields (AT and AP)

Barbedwire

I think there is a Wespe but it might be a Marder (I can't remember)

and there was a ton of other AT and AA guns scattered about.

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net