Attack Mode is not working

szmqq6

Hello everybody

I hope there is anybody who canhelp me in this topic

In my mission I have defined that the Russian troops should attack the German positions.

What I did

1) A map selected

2) The mission parameters created (Allied Attack)

3) The terrain targets defined

Just... If I start the scenario, the Russian troops won't move.

I've looked at other missions, but I don't find any difference.

What am I doing wrong, or what have I overlooked?

BR

Andreas

Hello all,

Thank you for your prompt answers ...

That's right....

This is a scenario I would like to create by my own, not a campaign (That seems a little too difficult to me at first)

I have no idea how I (regardless of the map) can get a page to attack.

I try this with serveral maps :)

As already written ...

Attack Allie selected

Then try to move the units by AI to attack. ( Maybe here is the failure but i have no manual who is describe how to create .....)

But nothing works.

Is there such a thing as a "Quick Reference Card"?

That would be helpful.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

There are a few sources of AI programming information:

- start with the manual

- then look at the PDF "A Scen Design AAR PDF Book" that ships with the game (it is based on this thread: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/109190-the-sheriff-of-oosterbeek-–-a-scenario-design-daraar/) and

- the FAQ thread has a section on various scenario design topics (http://community.battlefront.com/topic/125783-the-cm2-faq-thread/)

It does seem hard when you read it. You should force you self to read everything you can but if you wanted to make some quicker progress I would follow along with chapter 16 of the book from the install - its only 6 pages :D  The best part is you can follow along with your scenario and likely come out with a plan that at least does something. Then you can experiment and read more to make it better.

I advise you to open a scenario in the editor and look under the tab  named 'A.I.'

You may not see much happened with the defender's side, but the attacker side is bound to have multiple 'Plans' and these Plans will contain multiple 'Groups' that are each assigned their own timed movement orders with destinations painted on the map..

If you're totally new at his start VERY simply. Put a unit on a basic map and try to write AI instruction to get them to move across the map. That it for step one.

Edited by MikeyD

If you're not familiar with the editor, it might be easier if you take the attacking side yourself and just worry about setting up a static defensive position for the computer. No need to worry about triggers and fancy movement orders this way. That's a good way to familiarize yourself with the editor without doing anything too advanced for your first try.