In another thread I mentioned I had a set of links saved away I called a set of FAQs. I promised to share so here they are.

This is an export of the bookmarks for the folder I call FAQs on my bookmark list so nothing fancy and, while I did a little fixing up, this is really how disorganized it is on my computer. This is a combination of stuff I think will be useful to me, issues that come up frequently that might benefit others and totally useless topics that I got tired of answering again and again and or I got tired of googling for the last answer that was given. The order below is not really planned either. It's just the way they are organized in my bookmarks. Sometimes the link titles are what the poster used sometimes they are my rewrite. The description was automatically added by FF, except when it didn't. I left it all so some of the spelling mistakes are mine and some are yours :) I could not careless and only mention it cause I don't want to hear about it :D. It is possible that a link or two is to an internal tester only part of the forum or I might have repeated a link. If that happens - sorry. I would not mind knowing about those.

You might or might not be able to tell which is which. Either way I hope you all enjoy them! Hey, lets collect your FAQ or Important links in the follow on discussion.

Scenario and Map Design

Scenario designing with AI
Hi,I have had reason to be inspired to create a SP scenario that will feature the player as the attacker.It has occurred to me that there are some basic gam...

Making OP Neptune Spear – A Scenario Design Tutorial
Ok a couple of people (yes you @Borg ) have been screaming out for a ‘Special Ops Mission’.  So I thought – hell why not?  But there is a twist to this … ...

Scenario Test & Discussion Thread
I did a lot of work on the scenario yesterday, mostly in the AI Plan. Here are the highlights: Fixed the runaway MG team problem (yes, it was just th...

AI triggers small tutorial

Using Google Earth to create contours

Adding spoilers using the editor

CM Maps Universal Translator Tool - Manual hex edit instructions

Flavor Object Placement and limits
Is there a limit to the number of flavor objects you can insert into a map? Or the number you can have within some set number of square meters? I keep...

Spotting Objectives
An interesting discussion of how Spotting objective work and how you might use them

How to use Mod tags
Instructions on how to use mod tags with scenario authorship

Another Mod How to
This one includes how to add multiple tags

Supply platoons and ammo dumps
A post discussing how vehicles from the same platoon converted into ammo dumps combine into a single ammo dump.

Mods

How to install mods
The short and sweet explanation of how to install mods.

Mods and sub folders
Because the short version didn't make it clear.

Tank fighting positions

Static defenses
OK I went and did some experimenting.  Here is a scenario with four different prepared tank positions on each side one is T90s vs M1s and one is T90s vs Bra...

Battle positions for tanks/AFVs
I think M1A1TC's description of how BPs are used goes to demonstrate just how hard it would be to code the AI behaviour for them.

Writing Briefing Info

CCIR in briefings - Combat Mission - Black Sea - Battlefront.com Community
Commanders essentially do two things - they lead and make decisions. CCIRs are designed to allow them to make informed decisions and are recommended to th...  

Destroying Bridges

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/94780-how-do-i-blow-bridges-up-staftesters-q/?tab=comments#comment-1235110
Steve's direct answer to why blowing bridges is not part of CM

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/110304-destroying-a-bridge/
What can destroy a bridge.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/110851-can-pioneers-blow-bridges-in-mg/
Market Garden specific discussion

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/124968-blowing-bridges/
A discussion about blowing bridges

Spotting

LOS Through Trees and general explination
Good discussion.  Picking up on the last train of thought... design for effect vs. engineer for effect...

Spotting and Multi-threading
So if the spotting cycle were reduced the chances to spot in any given cycle would have to be reduced to keep the results in the game the same. An increase in resources dedicated to spotting checks could allow the game some room to tweak some corner cases but that is about it.

Spotting cycle explanation

Tactical Tips

Learning the ropes of IFV combat
1 hour ago, Ivan Zaitzev said: I don't know much about modern warfare.I'm more of a WWII guy and can't say I'm very good at that either. So,...

YouTube Play List of Tactic Instruction
This playlist includes: Combat Mission Normandy Tactics - by Jeffrey Paulding Combat Mission: Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures - by Chris Maillet Combat M...

Tactical Lifehack - Getting solidiers to Stand up when not moving
15 hours ago, Vanir Ausf B said: The Pause + move command thing does work with the caveat that the unit must be already moving when the paus...

HQ in BMP impoves spotting and engagment
I did some tests... 1 BMP-3M  at 300 meters open field against 2 strikers.   Only gunner and driver: average spotting time of strykers and engagem...

Hull Down & Partial Hull Down Advantages

V4.0 Hull Down question
           How to use the command and other disagreements.

Sniper Tactics
           Some thoughts on how to utilize snipers - some advice from an actual sniper!

New To Multiplayer

Announcing "Whose Turn Is It?" a PBEM turn management program

Use Dropbox / WTII / CMHelper for multiplayer games

PBEM opponent wanted

Search for PBEM opponents

New player resource list
In the meantime, Mishrae, welcome to the forums. Don't forget to bookmark both the repository, and The Scenario Depot III:http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/ts...

Unit Behaviour

Command Connection - Company CO commanding section

C2 & Information Sharing - Redux

The Relationship between Soft Factors, Morale & Fatigue
The Relationship between Soft Factors, Morale & Fatigue    Preface Hi all, I'm pretty new to the BFC forums but I've been milling about over .

Buddy Aid: How to handle casulties at the border of AS

XO or 2IC taking over command

Targeting Buildings

Targeting with tanks in an urban envionment

City fighting, what are the isssues?? - Page 3

It's got to go
It really has. Before we come to the wide open plains of the Rodina. What has to go? The requirement to be able to spot the ground plane at the centre of an...

Urban Combat: share your tips and techniques that work for you
With the market garden module on the way and some improvements to urban combat mentioned by BFC I thought now would be a good time to start a thread about w...

It's got to go. - Steve's comment
I know this thread has been quiet for over a month, but today I stumbled upon it and figured I would address the issues here since, no doubt, they will come...

Performance Discussions

Ben's Video settings
This what I have ticked "on" in the Nvidia Control Panel ...

Performance Optimization

Notes on Performance for NVIDIA gpu
And now for some hard data to prove my point regarding inconsistency in antialiasing levels with my hardware/drivers: AA 4x (default in-game setting) vs AA 16x (set in Nvidia control panel) --> AA 16x wins with higher FPS's. ...

Performace Discission With Steve
As my topic, I'm wondering if there's any optimization done on the new Combat Mission. The mouse and control lag is really painful when there's more than a ...

CM:BS Performance Nvida settings

Erratic frame rate investigation
Open GL instructions analysis

AMD Graphics card Recommended Settings

Full Battle Playback

Review entire battle?

Future Feature Request: Save Replays for Playback Battle video - Combat Mission: Shock Force

Full replay some thoughts  

IP Address Problems

blocked battlefront site
I really, really want to buy new CM .... but My ip is blocked for 2 or 3 years already I know at least 10 other CM fans who can't access www.battlefront....

not allowed to buy your product?
Dear Publishers/Admins/(Devs?)   I am a big fan of your games and products. I find it disappointing that I can not access and purchase any of your games usi...

Battlefront site blocked
While traveling, I found that this site is nearly always blocked at airport lounges even though other game sites are not blocked. Just thought maybe someth...

Bones and Future Plans

May 2018 General Update

May 2018 Engine 4 Patch update

May 2018 Update on Shock Force 2

May 2018 CMFI Rome to Victory Bones

May 2018 CMRT Module 1 - to be named later - Bones

2017 Summer Bones
15 hours ago, Apocal said: Someone in another thread mentioned that BF's programmer had left. I immediately assumed it was ChrisND since he ...

July 2015 what's next post
It's been a while since we've laid out our development plans. Time to change that As always we are hard at work on more than one thing at a time. The big pr...

Unit Encyclopedia

In game unit encyclopedia
Hello. I am a long time Combat Mission player that started with Beyond Overlord and have played most of Battlefronts Combat Mission games. The one thing I ...

Other / Not Categorized

How to update a PBEM game after applying a patch or upgrade of the game

Sell on Steam? Steve's summary

Steve's discussion of DRM

Load Time Varies with Number of Mods?

AT Guns: Re-crewing
There are three basic technical complaints as I see it: 1. Rotation speed 2. Pushing speed 3. Ability to take cover far from the gun CM presumes battle...

Any plans for Vin's animated text to be updated
On 23/05/2016 at 8:55 AM, CMFDR said: "Cas" versions have casualties in plain letters instead of signs. As you asked for Erwin:  ...

Crews Re-manning Tanks
There are a lot of aspects of crew behavior that could be looked at, but I think it would be helpful to keep in mind that tank and crew behavior in Combat...

150mm heat from a 50mm AT gun

Indirect Fire

General Advice

Rate of Fire and Rounds Used

Artillery and Smoke

How come smoke rounds are unusable (and who's responsibility is it to keep track)

Saved Links

Command Friction - Applying C3 Effects A set of Rules

Newbie H2H questions - Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy - Battlefront.com Community

Combat Mission Victory Calculator
One for the scenario designers. I've been thinking about a dormant Carpiquet campaign I really want to get done and realised it's a bit hard to test objecti...

CM Career Record System
CM Career Record System [Now featuring Red Thunder] Combat Mission Red Thunder

Best way to structure objectives for screen scenario
What do you want each player to do? Figure that out, then reward them for doing the 'right' thing. It seems to me that the two sides have quite differ...
Edited by IanL
Added links

LOL @Warts 'n' all I had not thought of that angle. I suppose if it gets answered that will be good. Of course if it is more like why didn't I get the answer I wanted that might be less good :)

@Xorg_Xalargsky, go for it :) I personally don't have time for that kind of writing. All that caring about spelling and grammar and making actual sense - it's exausting. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I added a few links to the first post. One from today and two that I found searching for an answer to another question that needed adding.

How to use Mod tags
Instructions on how to use mod tags with scenario authorship

Supply platoons and ammo dumps
A post discussing how vehicles from the same platoon converted into ammo dumps combine into a single ammo dump.

XO or 2IC taking over command

On 10/10/2017 at 2:37 PM, IanL said:

Mods

How to install mods
The short and sweet explanation of how to install mods.

Mods and sub folders 
Because the short version didn't make it clear.

Yesterday I added a couple of links that should really have been there the whole time. How did I miss the topic of mods?

Oh and the latest bones threads.

Edited by IanL

• 2 weeks later...