Crash to Desktop

Hello there,

I am new to the CM series, and as my first victim I got CMBN with all modules. Sad thing is, that it Crashes almost constantly within an hour after starting the game. It happened in multiple campaigns. I can not reproduce the issue at will. Does the game have any log files? Or is it a known issue?

My specs are Win10 /16 GB Ram/GTX 1080/ I7 7700K

Yep, somewhat difficult to nail down when it will crash, but it was discussed awhile back. I thought it was fixed with the recent patches, but I still occasionally get the crash myself. 

Turning off shaders setting does stop the crashes completely for me as far as I know. I have not done any extensive testing and sometimes my playtime can be anywhere from one to three hours.

There was a discussion about rolling back to a certain Nvidia driver. I can't remember the exact driver version but it was prior to 2019 I believe. Due to my brain wanting things to stay up to date, I could not stay rolled back forever.

Cheers!

Edited by Eremitae

@Tantarantula

My system specs are similar to yours (i7-8700, GTX1080, 32GB RAM, Win10) and I began experiencing regular crashes after 30-40 min. of play.  I resolved the issue by rolling back from the latest Nvidia driver to version 388.71 as noted in this thread.

If you are comfortable uninstalling/installing video drivers and don't mind using an older version, you may want to give it a shot.  If you go this route, be aware - Windows will try to update the old driver, which will potentially resume the crashes.