New Book by Adam Makos....a must read

Good morning all,

For my 65th birthday, my girlfriend bought me the newest book written by Adam Makos, "Spearhead: An American Tank Gunner, His Enemy, and a Collision of Lives in World War II". This book is right up the alley for those of you that play Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg as it takes place shortly before, during and after the Battle of the Bulge. I highly recommend it to anyone that plays any of the Combat Mission titles dealing with World War II. There is even content in the book that would make for some interesting scenarios.

**Chris**

I guess we have all seen the wartime footage of the combat in Cologne between the Sherman's, Pershing and the Panther, crew's bailing out, injured and dying... but to read the first hand accounts of people who were actually there, living through it, giving an in depth perspective on that action, makes it all to clear how dangerous it was.

The book, right from the start, takes you into the minds of these soldiers, with accounts from both sides, infantry, tankers, civilians... plus the state of the equipment and vehicles etc.

It's like reading an adventure story, with characters that you are just starting to know and like, and then the author bumps them off... only this is real life accounts and although exciting, is also very sad... this is a very worthwhile read.