CMSF 2 - Co-op AAR (Bil v IanL) Using Realism Rules

Minutes 14 and 15

A VERY busy couple of turns, so bear with me.  ;) 

Axis Bravo

BMP-01.png

The action starts on Axis Bravo with the AT Team at the farmhouse... this team has been here since very early in the action and has been patiently waiting their turn to contribute... they spot one of the BMPs at Red Ridge and are finally able to fire the RPG they have been toting around.... (the following image was at the end of Turn 14)...

BMP-02.png

Their patience was rewarded... my guess is that this BMP was not as Hull Down as Ian thought it was.

BMP-03.png

BMP-04.png

The situation at the Farmhouse has my AT team withdrawing under enemy fire... but overall.. with @IanL losing two BMPs in this sector he seems loath to advance with his armor... he does have a couple infantry teams moving into this AO though... so that could get interesting.  My forces here are very thin now...

Farmhouse-SItuation.png

Axis Alpha

The infantry team in Blue Gully knew the enemy team was there... they did take two grenades (no injuries) and returned one... after a brisk firefight that lasted over three minutes the enemy team was down two and I had also taken two casualties from the only active shooter Ian had left...    

Infantry-Firefight-01.png

But then I took an additional casualty and this team was broken. 

One quick word... this team was kind of unsupported.. even though they had a powerful BTR backing them up, it could not spot, and because they were out of C2 it could not apply Area Fire on the ridgeline throughout this action... so the rules really bit me... a realistic result I think.  A quick nod of the hat to Ian here as he bested me in the first infantry on infantry duel.

Infantry-Firefight-02.png

Meanwhile... BTR-1 took a partial penetration, but damage was very minor.  The shooter was a BRDM that had crept almost to the Gully Intersection 

D+BTR-1-Action+1A.png

The damaged BTR then withdrew behind the crest and into safety...

D+BTR-1-Action+1B.png

BTR-2 finished of the BRDM in the treeline that it had hit hard last turn... 

E+BTR2+v+BRDM+01.png 

E+BTR2-v-BRDM_KO.gif

This was followed by BTR-1 quickly getting back on Blue Ridge, a little higher this time so it could attempt to get eyes on the BRDM that just fired on it...instead, it spotted another BRDM right behind... 

F+BTR1+v+BRDM+01.png

Its end was mercifully quick and at the end of the turn this BRDM was smoking in the gully...

F+BTR1+v+BRDM+02.png

BTR-2 then spotted and fired at the BRDM that got hit a few turns ago... I am calling this one BRDM-1 as it was spotted first.. the other BRDMs in the Red Gully are numbered in the image below in the order in which they were spotted... BRDM-2 is the bastard that shot up BTR-1... BRDM-3 is the vehicle that BTR-1 just killed in retaliation... what I suspect is another BRDM (BRDM-4) has yet to be spotted, but I know where it is... so there are now two dead BRDMs in the Red Gully... and one in the woods across the road near the bridge.  Ian must be reeling... 

G+BTR2+v+BRDM.png

But the action was not finished yet!  BTR-3 spotted BRDM-2 (probably spooked by the death of BRDM-3) back out of the Red Gully.. it took several hits then disappeared from view... is it dead?

H+BTR+3+v+BRDM+2.gif

H+BTR+3+v+BRDM+2+02.png

Right at the end of the fifteenth minute BTR-1 took several hard penetrations from what must have been (BRDM-4)... that one hurt, there was one casualty, panicked, but at least  for now.. it lives... Note that I don't think this BTR is Hull Down to BRDM-4... that's the cost of creeping further up the ridge in order to spot the lower BRDM better.

I+BRDM4+v+BTR1.png

Axis Alpha SITMAP

Apologies... in the following Situation map I label three dead BRDMs in the Red Gully.. but really I only know of two kills in the gully at this point in the action.  BRDM-2, if not dead is seriously compromised though. I moved the ZSU to hopefully get eyes on the infantry or a BRDM or two in the Red Gully.. it is in C2 by the way.

Axis+Alpha+Situation.png

FULL SITMAP

SITMAP.png

Edited by Bil Hardenberger

• 3 weeks later...