Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Splinty said:

No matter how it goes, the lawyers will be pulling down big bucks as all of this winds up in the court system. As usual they are the REAL winners.

got that right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Splinty said:

Pot was just legalized here in Michigan yesterday. I wonder what our unintended side effects will be.

I live in Wisconsin...perhaps an unintended road trip looms in the future, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the biggest issues here in the U.S. Is that the Federal Government still classifies it as a Class D drug from the Nixon days, that it has no medical value, even though medical research has proven that ther are a multitude of major uses including cancer and MS treatments. The politicians won't repeal the designation because it means admitting that they kept it classified as a class D drug for the last 60+ years simply to punish the hippies, blacks, and Hispanics that they couldn't prosecute any other way.

Sorry, way off topic. Please forgive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vet 0369 said:

One of the biggest issues here in the U.S. Is that the Federal Government still classifies it as a Class D drug from the Nixon days, that it has no medical value, even though medical research has proven that ther are a multitude of major uses including cancer and MS treatments. The politicians won't repeal the designation because it means admitting that they kept it classified as a class D drug for the last 60+ years simply to punish the hippies, blacks, and Hispanics that they couldn't prosecute any other way.

Sorry, way off topic. Please forgive.

Says a man from the Democratic People's Republic of Massachusetts.  :P  Yeah it is ridiculous how long it has taken to get to this point but the thing that bugs me the most about it ….  now that I know how the stuff is grown from watching my neighbor (his son actually worked on one of the farms) I realize how much I was getting ripped off in my younger days...those evening past times cleaning stems and seeds.....  Then I watch my neighbors kid and he looks at us funny and say "that is the crap we throw away, you only smoke the buds man".  Harumph spoiled millennial, we used to walk to school through the snow uphill both ways.  and we really did have to clean our weed.

Now I don't bother.  My drug of choice is wine.

 

Wait what was this thread about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combat Mission is like being with someone you love, but know that from time to time you're going to have to put up with the crap that comes along with. Its all good.

I really don't care if weed is legalized. Its not as if its not readily available anyway. Alcohol is legal and available and it often makes people-especially men aggressive and violent. Weed on the other hand usually makes people mellow. If trouble erupts involving alcohol it often ends up in violence. If weed is involved, just toss them a few Twinkies or ho-ho's and everything is fine.

The violence around weed revolves around the grow houses where they are often targeted for rip-offs. My cousin was thinking about growing some on a commercial scale and mentioned buying a handgun for protection. I told him he better get something like an AR15/AK-47 as well as a shotgun to go along with his pistol and get some serious training, because if he thinks a pistol is going to match up with what would be coming after him with a serious crew he has another thing coming. Better also prepare to spend some serious money on bulletproof/resistant fixtures too.

My friend and I had a deal with a farmer to built a nice firing range on some land. Farmer reneged. Far more money in growing weed. Since legalization its become big business and in many counties it taking over.

There was a time in America when Coca Cola was really the real thing. You could also buy things to calm down your kids that had stuff like opium in it. Sometimes with some kids these days...

Its not as if they aren't being drugged up by the pharmaceutical industry these days. It seems like every other kid is ADD and on something. These "safe" prescription pills carry potentially serious side effects and is well known to cause potentially bad side effects in a small percentage of people. Many young school shooters are known to have been on these prescribed drugs.

The Pharm industry is a multi billion dollar business and they have clout in the right places. There are already moving into CBD and weed anyway. A onth or so ago the weed trade was a profitable one to be in on Wall Street if you didn't stay in the trade too long.

From install problems to weed. Got to love it.

In the updated Combat Mission Afghanistan BF needs to make sure poppy fields are included. They are a huge component of that conflict.

Edited by db_zero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sburke said:

Says a man from the Democratic People's Republic of Massachusetts.  :P  Yeah it is ridiculous how long it has taken to get to this point but the thing that bugs me the most about it ….  now that I know how the stuff is grown from watching my neighbor (his son actually worked on one of the farms) I realize how much I was getting ripped off in my younger days...those evening past times cleaning stems and seeds.....  Then I watch my neighbors kid and he looks at us funny and say "that is the crap we throw away, you only smoke the buds man".  Harumph spoiled millennial, we used to walk to school through the snow uphill both ways.  and we really did have to clean our weed.

Now I don't bother.  My drug of choice is wine.

 

Wait what was this thread about?

LOL, I was a life long moderate conservative Republican until I realized that there is no real difference between the Republicans and Democrats. That's when I became Libertarian!

At least our drugs of choice aren't the same as most men our age; Rogaine and Viagra 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in the DPR of M, every adult is allowed to grow six plants for their own use. Commercial growers and shops, both medical and recreational shops, must be certified by State inspectors for quality and security. The Federal Government will eventually repeal the law. They're losing way too much in tax revenue not to. The state and local taxes on a Canabis sale here are 20%. Right after the American Revolution, President George Washington led the U.S. Army to put down "Shay's Rebellion" in Springfield, MA because the distillers refused to pay the newly instituted Federal tax on their products. Some suggest Washington pushed the tax because he was one of the largest Brewers and Distillers in the country, and putting other distillers out of business was to his advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Here in the DPR of M, every adult is allowed to grow six plants for their own use. Commercial growers and shops, both medical and recreational shops, must be certified by State inspectors for quality and security. The Federal Government will eventually repeal the law. They're losing way too much in tax revenue not to. The state and local taxes on a Canabis sale here are 20%. Right after the American Revolution, President George Washington led the U.S. Army to put down "Shay's Rebellion" in Springfield, MA because the distillers refused to pay the newly instituted Federal tax on their products. Some suggest Washington pushed the tax because he was one of the largest Brewers and Distillers in the country, and putting other distillers out of business was to his advantage.

Here in Colorado it is 12 plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanksgiving dinner this year was a real hoot when all of the 60s plus old folks were trying to remember how much a dime bag cost in the 1970s while their children and grandchildren looked on in open-mouth astonishment😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, db_zero said:

Combat Mission is like being with someone you love, but know that from time to time you're going to have to put up with the crap that comes along with. Its all good.

told him he better get something like an AR15/AK-47 as well as a shotgun to go along with his pistol and get some serious training, because if he thinks a pistol is going to match up with what would be coming after him with a serious crew he has another thing coming. Better also prepare to spend some serious money on bulletproof/resistant fixtures too.

The Pharm industry is a multi billion dollar business and they have clout in the right places. There are already moving into CBD and weed anyway. A onth or so ago the weed trade was a profitable one to be in on Wall Street if you didn't stay in the trade too long.

 

I hope your cousin doesn't live in California or the DPR of MA. The only thing he'd be able to buy is the shotgun. The AG in MA has banned sale and purchase of any AR an AK platform and she reserves the right to confiscate from legal owners. The Gun Owners Action League (GOAL) is appealing to SCOTUS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sburke said:

Says a man from the Democratic People's Republic of Massachusetts.  :P  Y I realize how much I was getting ripped off in my younger days...those evening past times cleaning stems and seeds.....  Then I watch my neighbors kid and he looks at us funny and say "that is the crap we throw away, you only smoke the buds man".  Harumph spoiled millennial, we used to walk to school through the snow uphill both ways.  and we really did have to clean our weed.

Now I don't bother.  My drug of choice is wine.

 

Wait what was this thread about?

Do you still have your polyester leisure suit that has the holes burned in it from the seeds popping?

Edited by Vet 0369

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vet 0369 said:

Do you still have your polyester leisure suit that has the holes burned in it from the seeds popping?

Lol memories.......   actually no but man the image of seeds popping is burned into my brain.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×