CMBO-From out of the Dust

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker, I'm glad you like them so far, You will find that each will give you a different type of situation also, So each has a chance to use different type of tactics and skills.

Hopefully I will be able to give you three additional ones that challenge different skills.

Thanks for the comments, enjoy hearing from you all.

Hello Slyniper & everyone,

Apologies for not getting in touch sooner. I was out of town the latter part of last week, and over the weekend. That would always be the way, wouldn't it... :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm back now, and ready to be smacked in three successive games. smile.gif I will be in touch with my three opponents today.

Hi Slysniper/Kingfish. Quick post to let you know that all my games are well and truely underway. As for the maps, I really like the diversity you guys have given us...well done and many thanks once again for all the effort you have gone too. It is greatly appreciated.

I'm sure Walker appreciates it as well. I'm certain he was getting sick and tired of kicking my butt :D

Originally posted by dinga44:

I'm sure Walker appreciates it as well. I'm certain he was getting sick and tired of kicking my butt :D

As the unfortunate consequence of numerous major typos, the content of above statement is seriously distorted. What Dinga44 really wanted to say is, "I'm sure Walker appreciates it as well. I'm certain he was getting sick and tired of my kicking his butt."

Walker does appreciate it. It's always nice to get one's butt kicked from new angles. Not that it's getting kicked already, early days still, but the potential is definitely there, in three entirely different guises... smile.gif

Working on one of the next round scenario's right now, Just to give you a clue. Night and Fog, scare any of you yet.

Also will mention that one of the three you are playing, the attacker is very hard pressed to adchieve a win, so keep in mind, winning might be the goal but how well did you do compared to the others playing the same side.

All games underway now. Just a query, when I'm taking screenshots what is the best method to cut back on the disk usage of the files. ATM i copy them into paint, draw some squiggles on them and then save them as a JPEG but they are still hefty files.

One way I know of is to scale the shot down once you have it in paint or any editing program, try some different sizes, because if you scale to much you will loose quility in the shot. But droping it to 60% of its present size will cut the file size by 3 to 4 times it present size.

Phew! Three moves a day sure teaches you not to worry about much of the stuff you normally spend a few minutes working out to what you hope is 'perfection'...reminds me of the philosophical principle of "the big jar, the golf balls, the pebbles, the sand and the beer"! Fill the jar with sand (low-priority life issues) and there's no room for the golf balls (vital life issues). Always room for a couple of beers though smile.gif !

smile.gif How are all you troopers doing, things are quiet out there. No one has sent any problems for awhile so I hope everyone is competing and having fun even though you might be on the wrong end of things.

No one has sent me a turn yet, if things are going well for you, send me a turn file, I would love to have a peek and see if any of you are creating any good upsets in the scenarios. I need to get some pleasure out of this tournament somehow since I cannot play :(