Sign in to follow this  
dragonwynn

Helmet goggles

Hi dragonwynn,

I made a mod for my own use that eliminates some goggles- i.e. rag-tags helmets. I can put it up on cmmods if you like, with both rag-tag and no goggles options. 

1.jpeg

Edited by billy_sp
Added photo

3 hours ago, billy_sp said:

Hi dragonwynn,

I made a mod for my own use that eliminates some goggles- i.e. rag-tags helmets. I can put it up on cmmods if you like, with both rag-tag and no goggles options. 

Thanks billy_sp. I will PM you.

Michael

Hi Marwek,

It's my own adaptation of Steppenwulf-UI-mod-v2.0 weapon icons, with minor graphical adaptations and a coloured background. I would be happy to share it if you're interested, but seeing that 90% of it is Steppenwulfs' work I probably ought to ask his permission before I did. 

The uniforms are a mix of mods from Vein, Stagler and Kiemie, all available on CMMODS, I've just rag-tagged them in my Z folder. 

Have tried to apply to be a mod author at CMMODS- they have a CMFI mod of mine there, but it was migrated from the old site or the BF repository. As of yet have no reply. So, yes, pm me and let me know what you're interested in.

Is there a way (do you know the wae?) to use russian helmets+goggles+back packs for other nations? Is there a way (doyou know the wae?) to lets say use russian gear on other nations? Thank you. I really hope that some of you will know the wae! 

If another nationality has similar "helmets+goggles+back packs" then could one not rename the Russian equipment to the other nation's bmp name?  (I thought this sort of thing was all about naming conventions.)

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

If another nationality has similar "helmets+goggles+back packs" then could one not rename the Russian equipment to the other nation's bmp name?  (I thought this sort of thing was all about naming conventions.)

No but what i mean is to find a wae to put those russian style helmets on americans and ukrainians. I wonder if someone knows da wae?) lol

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Helmets are definitely a separate graphic in the WW2 games (I have dozens of WW2 helmet mods), so need to try it in CMBS.

Yes we need to find da wae!) Then I will be able to do even better modding) 

Hi Oleksandr,

I'm afraid I don't have time to test this thoroughly but I did swap soldier models in CMA, so hope the same principles apply.

The helmet model files are in black sea v100a.brz in the data folder

They are: (I just ran a search for helmet in the exploded folder)

smod_american_helmet-soldier.mdr

smod_american_helmet-soldier-lod-1.mdr to smod_american_helmet-soldier-lod-5.mdr ( 1 through 5 levels of detail)

smod_ukrainian_helmet-soldier.mdr

smod_ukrainian_helmet-soldier-lod-1.mdr to smod_ukrainian_helmet-soldier-lod-5.mdr

smod_russian_helmet-soldier.mdr

smod_russian_helmet-soldier-lod-1.mdr to smod_russian_helmet-soldier-lod-5.mdr

Try renaming the russian to american and vice-versa, and seeing what happens in-game.

Might also have to rename the chinstrap models as well.

Would be interested to see if it works!

Cheers, Bill

2 hours ago, billy_sp said:

Hi Oleksandr,

I'm afraid I don't have time to test this thoroughly but I did swap soldier models in CMA, so hope the same principles apply.

The helmet model files are in black sea v100a.brz in the data folder

They are: (I just ran a search for helmet in the exploded folder)

smod_american_helmet-soldier.mdr

smod_american_helmet-soldier-lod-1.mdr to smod_american_helmet-soldier-lod-5.mdr ( 1 through 5 levels of detail)

smod_ukrainian_helmet-soldier.mdr

smod_ukrainian_helmet-soldier-lod-1.mdr to smod_ukrainian_helmet-soldier-lod-5.mdr

smod_russian_helmet-soldier.mdr

smod_russian_helmet-soldier-lod-1.mdr to smod_russian_helmet-soldier-lod-5.mdr

Try renaming the russian to american and vice-versa, and seeing what happens in-game.

Might also have to rename the chinstrap models as well.

Would be interested to see if it works!

Cheers, Bill

Thank you man!  I will try it!