The Peng Challenge Thread The Chunder in Red Thunder!

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just completed a game of CMRT with NG Cavscout that resulted in a draw. I was, admittedly, more concerned with testing the TCP/IP connection than with the results of the scenario or clearly he wouldn't have gained a point on me but I'm willing to abide by the the result as OFFICIALLY posted on results screen displayed in the game.

Sadly he was not, in fact he was more than just a little snippy about it and claimed it as a win despite the OFFICIAL game results as shown on the end game screen.

As a result I'd ask the membership to be especially kind to him in his time of trial, he may not post here for a time ... I imagine it's difficult to type with your eyes brimming with tears.

Now c'mon guys, this is a family friendly forum. And no Emrys that doesn't mean getting friendly with your own family...just which side of Washington state are you from again?
Who IS this lad? Is he another SSN wandering in from the Outreboards expecting that he has a right to discuss matters with us an an equal?

Well lad, I'll advise you this once ... No need to thank me, it's part of the job donchaknow ... ANYONE can alter the post of another to say virtually anything they wish, but the mark of a true artisan is to use the words as actually posted and work with THAT. Anything else is just the work of a hack who's just phoning it in.

I just completed a game of CMRT with NG Cavscout that resulted in a draw. I was, admittedly, more concerned with testing the TCP/IP connection than with the results of the scenario or clearly he wouldn't have gained a point on me but I'm willing to abide by the the result as OFFICIALLY posted on results screen displayed in the game.

Sadly he was not, in fact he was more than just a little snippy about it and claimed it as a win despite the OFFICIAL game results as shown on the end game screen.

As a result I'd ask the membership to be especially kind to him in his time of trial, he may not post here for a time ... I imagine it's difficult to type with your eyes brimming with tears.

You actually completed a game? I find that truly amazing, based on your MO of bailing out of games before completion.

Who IS this lad? Is he another SSN wandering in from the Outreboards expecting that he has a right to discuss matters with us an an equal?

Well lad, I'll advise you this once ... No need to thank me, it's part of the job donchaknow ... ANYONE can alter the post of another to say virtually anything they wish, but the mark of a true artisan is to use the words as actually posted and work with THAT. Anything else is just the work of a hack who's just phoning it in.

Well I am a VoIP engineer - meaning phones are my thing. I phoned that in by routing it through London, overseas via PSTN to a Tokyo gateway, back across the network to a hub in Singapore then via tie line to NY and then.. oh s**t Utah is still in the stone age, do you even have phones?

I would never consider I would discuss matters with anyone here as an equal. Even drunk and stoned I couldn't get myself down to that level. I've tried. Best I could do was a homeless guy hammered on sterno in an alley, but even he was able to put together a coherent thought (hey buddy got a dime). He also did not get very excited thinking about Emrys. I think his response was something like "Emrys who? Has he got a dime?" Sadly I didn't know, but suggested if he could get pictures of Emrys he might sell them to you.

It is nice to know you have a job though, I'd have thought you were unemployable. Someone must have been feeling charitable.

Old Foul Joe Shaw, far be it from me to correct you, seeing as I am actually quite impressed that you managed to string all those syllables into a relatively coherent series of sentences, so, I shall magnanimously allow the draw result to stand, despite whatever degraded, corrupted, or hacked computer code put forth such an obviously flawed evaluation of my truly artistic performance.

You can take your whole 3 surviving troops and shuffle wearily off into the sunset as my German troops debrief their commanders on the fact that although they achieved every one of their geographical victory objectives, they felt a slight twinge of sympathy for their opponents when it became apparent that a spastic escapee from the local mental asylum had been appointed as the Soviet commander and permitted three of their enemy to escape to the tender mercies of the local NKVD detachment.

NG Cavscout, despite the hours we've spent trudging the hills of Chernarus and Napf in DayZ, I feel obligated to inform the membership (and any SSNs who are reading this in hopes of bettering their station) that you are incapable of understanding the Victory Conditions of CM. This isn't DayZ where victory is a simple matter of just staying alive, here are nuances and shades of grey involved ... Can I say Shades of Grey ... Is Bauhaus still around? Perhaps you can find some kind soul, or even a Playtester, who would explain that one sides conditions may not mirror the conditions of the other side.

Finally lads, I'm off to the wilds of Idaho this week but I have my iPad ever ready and will be carefully monitoring the M.B.T. to ensure that no further miscreants abuse the privilege accorded them of reading the combined wit (or some portion therefore in the case of some of you ... You know who you are) and wisdom of this, The Peng Challenge Thread.