Request for minor terrain element

nik mond

Something that would not be much trouble to include in an add-on, and would pay off.

A leaf less tree. As in a dead tree. There is not a forest or group of trees without one dead one. Also next to bombed out building and craters this would add to the visual effect as well.

Please add a new dead tree element to the map maker. :)

.....doesn't hurt to ask

Hi nik. These trees do take over an existing slot. Those slots are apparently hard coded in the editor...I haven't found a way to increase the number of trees available in there. I also tried with these trees the same naming convention used to add variety to uniforms and vehicle textures to get the game to randomly select different versions...so that "Tree a", for example, would show some with leaves and some without. No luck yet.

I've been messing around with modding tree, brush, hedges/hedgerow and ground textures from CM:SF and CM:A to get more drab fall/winter variety mainly to supplement sdp's Italian Mod. I may do an entire terrain mod for public consumption, but more likely will just do bits and pieces separately, so people would better be able to pick and choose what they may want to use for fall/winter in France/Belgium, Holland and Germany, rather than Italy. Probably three: Trees/Brush; Hedges/Hedgerows; and Ground.

• 2 weeks later...