What experiements are there on tanks spotting inf?

After staying up late and getting up early to test, zooks/shreks/fausts just won't happen in structures... even balconies.

However... given a little forethought on the designer's part re: placement of buildings, there is help.

All tests run with Vet/High/+1 units on both sides.

low brick wall corners ...

attest11.jpg

One Sherman damaged.

This team is under sporadic fire almost the whole turn.

attest12.jpg

Target turns the corner, no problem, spin and shoot.

attest13.jpg

attest14.jpg

-------

There is a price and a lesson ... never turn your back on a Sherman ... it did however take three 76mm hits to destroy wall and kill team.

attest15.jpg

------

If you want to try really good map for working your AT assets and just a really great scenario in general try Danger in the Morning. I just finished it and though I achieved a total victory, it didn't feel like the usual one sided affair that represents. This is a really well put together battle and while I don't want to to give anything away and spoil anyone's fun, be prepared to have to think and respond quickly.

You know somebody got something right when your spouse is asking why you are cheering during a game. Don't know if the designer included a variety of AI plans, but I hope so as I am definitely playing this one again.

I'd suggest this is a good one GAJ for trying out your AT tactics, and be prepared to use more than just a bazooka. I do not believe it is designed for HTH, I can't imagine trying to defend against a human opponent, but against the AI it was quite fun.

Thank you for the link.

I thought I had been very fastidious about downloading all mods and scenarios from the Repository, so I was surprised to have missed this one. But, I do rely on a new mod or scenario being announced here so I know about it.

Are there scenarios or mods that get posted to the Repository that are NOT announced here?

Thank you for the link.

I thought I had been very fastidious about downloading all mods and scenarios from the Repository, so I was surprised to have missed this one. But, I do rely on a new mod or scenario being announced here so I know about it.

Are there scenarios or mods that get posted to the Repository that are NOT announced here?

They are all announced on the mods and maps forum, but not necessarily this one.

I regularly check the mods and maps forums for all CM games. I guess I just missed this scenario. (I just wondered if something is ever posted and there is no announcement, so that we have to actually troll thru the Repository "manually?")

There is a date showing when it was inputed there, So once you have your files updated to have them all, then all you need to do is look for dates past that point of your last download.

It would be really nice if it would group it by dates or authors or some other logical choices. As it grows it will be less enjoyable to have to go thru the pages looking for new ones.

You would like to see me to do that eh?

Would that be before, after, or at the same time as the work I'm doing on H2H Helper, The Combat Mission Mods Warehouse and The Band Of Brothers Statistics Database ?

GaJ

Ok, so I was out of line.

You also have the right to suggest things as to what can make scenarios and maps better.

As for the things you do for the community with no financial reward, I respect your efforts, and am glad that someone with the skills is willing to do such things.

As for me, I am sorry that I see you request sometimes as complaints when things in a match do not work out to your likes. But that likely is just me with a bad attitude.

Good example for tanks vs infantry in terrain with lots of concealment, as opposed to my given example in urban environment.

true enough, But in my next reply I talk about tactics in town where one is having to deal with tanks with infantry where they are in streets with likely no form of cover or concealment. As for their chances, not much of any because they are going to be spotted immediately. the only tactic that works is buying yourself some time by catching them with their guns pointed in another direction.

which is hard to do against a good player.

There is a date showing when it was inputed there, So once you have your files updated to have them all, then all you need to do is look for dates past that point of your last download.

It would be really nice if it would group it by dates or authors or some other logical choices. As it grows it will be less enjoyable to have to go thru the pages looking for new ones.

You can sort by submit date or author. I generally do if I haven't checked over a few days.

Beware on Danger in the Morning. I was apparently really lucky my first run through. :-P There appear to be at least 2 sets of AI plans and the one I ran into seems to be the easier to defend from. I got hit hard on a second playing when the AI took a different and deadlier approach.

You can sort by submit date or author. I generally do if I haven't checked over a few days.

Beware on Danger in the Morning. I was apparently really lucky my first run through. :-P There appear to be at least 2 sets of AI plans and the one I ran into seems to be the easier to defend from. I got hit hard on a second playing when the AI took a different and deadlier approach.

Well, I must have missed seeing that option in my visits there.