Help I've fallen into a bunker and I can't get out.

Am in a PBEM right now. Had a 2 man team in a bunker that came under fire from a .50. For some reason despite the unit being in front of them, they could not see it, but that could easily be explained if they were cowering as the bunker is at the top of a slope with a hedge in front.

What I can't explain is one of the guys was hit, the second is okay. The bunker itself is marked as destroyed. He has not been fired upon in 2 full turns, his state is rattled. I am unable to issue him any commands though according to the errata I should be able to.

Page 94

OK, Cautious, Nervous, Shaken, Rattled

These stages reflect various levels of "unease" a unit can feel regarding its current combat situation, with "OK" being relaxed and "Rattled" being the least relaxed. These conditions are temporary and the unit remains responsive to player commands (unlike the states described further below).

Any idea what might be going on? I have saves for all turns. He is just standing there looking through the bunker opening watching the birds play in the meadow and being absolutely useless to his squad mates. Can you say Blythe? If he doesn't do something soon I may just frag him. The least he could do is make himself a target so the enemy uses up a few more rounds.

LOL, well his bunker is in an exposed position. If he doesn't do something soon, it is going to be irrelevant.

Meanwhile his platoon was facing 3 tanks, an M8 and a few squads of infantry. You might understand their desire to see him get his act together and get into the fight. Hmm maybe that's why he isn't coming out....

Maybe I should send someone over there to let him know we killed 2 of the tanks and immobilized the third. Now would be a good time to run up and pretend to have contributed.

Seriously though, I can't figure out if there is something explainable about having no command options or if because he is in a destroyed bunker he is effectively out of the game. Maybe he's pinned under debris...

It is a bug, programming error, terrible AI or just a unbearible situation that you cannot emotionally handle. That game must be crap.

So you better just never play it again until Battlefront fixes it.

Send them "Sorry I cannot play til version 1.02 comes out". emails today before it is to late.

Really, it likely is a coding problem, so you might want to send it to them.

Not a world ending one. I have seen similar. Normally one guy left in a unit. Appears alive but in other ways he is dead. and he will stay that way.

It is a bug, programming error, terrible AI or just a unbearible situation that you cannot emotionally handle. That game must be crap.

So you better just never play it again until Battlefront fixes it.

Send them "Sorry I cannot play til version 1.02 comes out". emails today before it is to late.

Really, it likely is a coding problem, so you might want to send it to them.

Not a world ending one. I have seen similar. Normally one guy left in a unit. Appears alive but in other ways he is dead. and he will stay that way.

I know the drama and hyperbole around issues can be annoying, but no need for a preemptive strike... things seems to be rational around here...

On a more serious note, I've seen guys take some time to exit vehicles/bunkers if they're shaken or suppressed, but given it's been 2 minutes, so sort of bug seems to have occurred with his exiting (you can't give orders to units in the process of entering/exiting AFAIK, explaining that bit). He might come out on his own after a bit, but you'll probably want to hang on to the save/pbem file so you can send it over to battlefront and they can reproduce it.

On a more serious note, I've seen guys take some time to exit vehicles/bunkers if they're shaken or suppressed, but given it's been 2 minutes, so sort of bug seems to have occurred with his exiting (you can't give orders to units in the process of entering/exiting AFAIK, explaining that bit). He might come out on his own after a bit, but you'll probably want to hang on to the save/pbem file so you can send it over to battlefront and they can reproduce it.

Interesting, I hope that is the case. I don't seem to have much choice about waiting, but I do hang onto my turn files so if it doesn't sort itself out I can turn it over to our coding warriors.

I know the drama and hyperbole around issues can be annoying, but no need for a preemptive strike... things seems to be rational around here...

I have to have a little fun, dont I:)

No he is wearing boxers not briefs. Comfortable fit.

Now he had gone to merely cautious, but still unable to do anything other than ponder the great mysteries of life - If nothing sticks to teflon, how does teflon stick to the pan?

In my current PBEM with sburke, I had a similar problem. I am expirementing with bunkers and if I can have their occupants bail out if they need to in advance of getting pounded. I tried the dismount command on a team that has not been under fire. The bunker is in good shape but upon recieving a dismount command, they do not leave the bunker. Can anyone offer any insight?

In my current PBEM with sburke, I had a similar problem. I am expirementing with bunkers and if I can have their occupants bail out if they need to in advance of getting pounded. I tried the dismount command on a team that has not been under fire. The bunker is in good shape but upon recieving a dismount command, they do not leave the bunker. Can anyone offer any insight?

You missed my engineers sneaking in and changing all the locks.

How long did you wait from dismount command? I need to go try exiting from one that hasn't been involved in anything in my other PBEM. I honestly have not had bunkers in any other game yet so my experience threshold with them is nil.

I can't get my HMG-team out from a bunker in my ongoing pbem-game.

I put the team to bunker in setup phase and after the game started I tried to get them out. I hit the 'dismount' and nothing happened. And after that the whole 'dismount'-button disapprared.:confused:

I am trying another unit in the same game that has not been in any contact with the enemy. I was able to issue a dismount order and will see how long it takes to comply. How long have you waited on your unit so far?

I am now over 4 minutes into waiting for this guy to be able to do something but he seems content to continue hanging out in the broken down shack that was once a bunker. Maybe he's just a redneck hillbilly and thinks the accomodations are just fine. My other team that hasn't been in any contact with the enemy has also gone a full turn now and not exited despite a dismount command. They have target, target arc, acquire, hide and pause as available commands now. None showed exiting as status during the turn and instead are spotting.

Just ran a test with 20+ bunkers. Was able to start with half set up in the bunker then ran folks in and out of the bunkers for several turns no problem. Will check terrain next and see if it is possible that an elevation issue is blocking their exit. Doesn't explain the destroyed one, but he's just plain weird.

Well PBEM certainly seems to have some unknown interaction with bunkers. The following scenario if run HTH presents no issues, but if run as a PBEM game it breaks down.

Half the bunkers start occupied, half unoccupied. On the first turn I sent teams into the unoccupied bunkers. The occupied bunkers do not have a dismount option, but they do have a move command. Ran the first turn and the teams occupy the bunkers as ordered, the teams already in bunkers do nothing.

Turn 2 the teams already in the bunkers have no change, the teams that have just occupied bunkers have a dismount option and are ordered to do so.

Turn 3 nobody does anything, no one has a dismount option, the original bunker occupants still have a move option. The others have the usual target, target arc, hide acquire and pause available.

In short in PBEM if you intend to have someone in a bunker, don't expect to see them leave. Apparently Hitler's no retreat orders preclude using an exit.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30964082/bunker%20test.btt