Feature Request

If its already in forgive me.I dont see it.I always split my squads immediatley and spread out more.So 1 squad turns into 3 teams. 1 platoon turns into 9 teams.1 company turns into 27 teams.So my request is that the first double click could just show my squad so I dont have to go around looking for them,they tend to wander on long moves,double click again shows your platoon.Maybe it could be a toggle option in the hotkeys.Because I'm sure there are plenty of players who do not split their squads at all.

Double click on what?

BTW, just in case you might have missed it, a single click on any unit will light up the floating icons of all the units in its platoon. You might have to search a bit to pick out the units in a particular squad, but using the + and - keys accomplishes that quickly enough for me.

Michael

If its already in forgive me.I dont see it.I always split my squads immediatley and spread out more.So 1 squad turns into 3 teams. 1 platoon turns into 9 teams.1 company turns into 27 teams.So my request is that the first double click could just show my squad so I dont have to go around looking for them,they tend to wander on long moves,double click again shows your platoon.Maybe it could be a toggle option in the hotkeys.Because I'm sure there are plenty of players who do not split their squads at all.

I think he means a quick overhead way of determining which teams belong to the same squad.

I operate with my squads split. Very rarely do I want the teams to come anywhere near each other again, since slight casualties might mean I can't re-split them. Having the single-click highlight just the lowest level of organisation to which the team belongs would be good, or maybe ctrl-click.

Easy way to keep track of what squad each split team belongs to: Select a team and use + or -. It will cycle through each team from the same squad sequentially.

Now, you see, that doesn't count as 'easy', it counts as 'doable'. I want to move my AT team (C-team of a US Inf squad). I don't want it to land in the same AS as either its B or A teams, so I have to go back two units, note where they are, then forward again to C. As opposed to not landing it where the two highlighted teams are going.

• 2 years later...

Old thread, but find myself wishing for the same thing.

Some visual indicator distinguishing elements from a squad/section from the rest of the platoon. The ctrl-click would work nicely. Perhaps even easier would be stick with the double-click for Platoon highlight but if the unit clicked on is a squad/section, the component unit(s) would highlight as different color?

Me too - different colour would be good. Also,I know it's been raised before, but the anti-tank icon doesn't seem to get consistently applied.

Aye. It doesn't seem to get applied at all to the Allies, for split squad AT teams.

The German assignment of the icon is consistent (for a given definition of "consistent"): it's assigned to the "C" team of a squad. So you have to make splitting the AT team the second split (to make the third team) to get the AT icon on the right chappies. I don't find this is a problem, since my SOP is to split an Assault team first, else the AT team gets all the grenades (on the offchance I want to waste their lives on a likely futile close assault on armour - poor default behaviour, I reckon). Split an Assault team first, and they get the grenades and the lion's share of the SMG ammo, then an AT team (who get the correct icon and any ManPAT), leaving a "fire support" team with any squad automatic weapons. If you wanted a Scout team or evenly split teams instead of the Assault team, you'd want to remerge A (assault) and B (fire) and then split a Scout team off or "Split Teams".

I don't get why the Allies and Germans are treated differently. It might be because no German squads have three "official" teams, and the AT "C-team" for the Allies is a game mechanic rather than the modification of a pre-existing command structure for which icons have already been assigned.