Thinking of picking CMBN up

I dunno. If Mo had come along asking if the full game had hero units, power pills and an easy mode and bitching about the graphics, we'd probably have "gently" pointed out that other games may suit better :)

Haha, quite true, but the chances of someone with those particular tastes coming along here is slim I would imagine :D

Hey all,

Thanks for all the many replies, very helpful. I think I will pick this up sometime. And I mean some...time: this below is the note when you go to buy a PC DVD.

European customers: please note that this item is shipping out of our US warehouse until the EU warehouse is stocked, in line with our "backorder" sales policy. This may take between 4-12 weeks.

Regards, Mo.

Hey all,

Thanks for all the many replies, very helpful. I think I will pick this up sometime. And I mean some...time: this below is the note when you go to buy a PC DVD.

European customers: please note that this item is shipping out of our US warehouse until the EU warehouse is stocked, in line with our "backorder" sales policy. This may take between 4-12 weeks.

Regards, Mo.

Any reason you can't get the download? It's really not desperately large.

Ahh your just saying that so you can hone your skills and take him on in a PBEM while he is a newbie. :D

Don't fall for it Mo74, get the game digital download and stop wasting time.

No, I am serious... I am spitting mad right now....

I know this a a known issue but give me a break! If after taking 10 min to load a game file and plot all my moves then to see it decided not to save the file!!!!! I just did this three times in a row with a file and I refuse to do it again.

BF fix this!!!! I have been a supporter of the CM family since the 2000 and this is the most upset/disappointed I have been.

PC

XP Pro 64 bit

Hey all,

Regards, Mo.

For this game, I got opened a paypal account exclusivley and the only time I had to wait, was for the account to get activated (within 5-6 days). Once that was done, I purchased, downloaded and started to enjoy the game within few hours. :) No real need to wait for a DVD version, if you want a very good product FAST!

I am basically looking for a strategy game with plenty of depth and replayability but doesn't depend on my clicking as fast as I can.

Does CMBN fit that bill?

Depth? You will get much more: with CMBN you will learn how extremely deadly a battlefield really is, and what applying "tactics" from typical games or seen in hollywood war-movies or action movies in the real world would have led to... You will develop a feeling for the real world tactical capabilities of all the weapons, instead of a feeling of "action"-weapons.

You will also develop a feeling, how difficult it is, to make all the different weapons and units work together like a clockwork and support each other in the best possible way.

You will also get a feeling of the tactical power of every single weapon, and under which circumstances and terrain it could be used for best effect.

And when you have gone through the phase of frustration and your tactical skills have become better and the computer is no longer a real challenge, you most probably will begin to play against a human player. And that will be the biggest revelation of all, to recognize what good tactical players are capable to achieve and how they can bring you in deep, deep trouble.

I think especially CMBN should fit, because in WEGO mode, it simply doesn't matter, how fast you can click.

Also I don't have a great deal of time to play - does it lend itself to half-hours sessions here and there?

Half hour sessions are not long, but enough. Expect not more than to watch the action of a minute, plan and plot the moves of the next minute for medium sized battles.

The bigger problem will be, that you need high self discipline not to plan the next minute and watch the next movie, and the next one, ... As long as you play against the AI. Playing against a human oponent via PBEM also fits perfectly for people with not much time.

The good thing is: the less time you have available to play, the more time you have to sleep over the problems and solutions on the virtual battlefield. ;)