RO2 Beta Release

MeatEtr

Yes, a few assualt rifles really unbalance the game :rolleyes:

It's not like there were maps in RO1 where 5-8 people could have STG 44's at the same time. Oh wait, there were many.

The bolt action rifles are still just as dominant as any other gun. At level 0 with a level 0 K98, you can still get to the top of the leaderboard if you know how to play. I know because I did it this morning.

I must admit that i haven't given it a good play yet.But its all a buit to fast and frantic for me.The small maps are a no no as well.

But I have high hopes for this in a few months.Once the modders start working on it.

I just want some more wide open maps so bolt action rifles are the king.Plus a few different tanks would be nice.But all this will come.

As it stands at the moment its a good game trying to get out.

Yeah about the assault rifles:

Ramm-Jaeger;881208']The MKB/AVT was only intended to be an option for assault classes. We've mistakenly enabled it as an option for every class with an option for an SMG. This adds an extra 6 or so MKBs/AVTs per side more than we intended (on a 64 player server). So we're going to patch this up later today' date= and you'll see significantly less of these weapons after that.

you guys have super computers to run this game? i play with pretty much everything off to be able to get some decent kills, and some maps like pavlovs house, i just quit because it plays horrible for me. none of you have any preformance problems?

other then that i like the game, it just came out so there are quirks but nothing that cant get fixed.

some of its features are more questionable but i trust in modders to fix that up.

also i am huge fan of WW1 shooters, there where jsut a few but you have seen the plans for "iron europe" mod, a WW1 mod for RO2. if that ever comes out ill be in heaven(hopefully with a new computer by then) :D

My specs:

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

GTX 570

4G DDR2 800

Q9950 CPU (Quad 2.8GHz)

I play on High settings with ok performance, I'd guess I average around 30 FPS, vastly depending on the map. I use to crash often on my Vista 32-bit with just 3G of memory. So my bump in memory to 64-bit is a big improvement.

yea, i have->

2.4Ghz quad core

GTX275

2GB 800mhz RAM

and some lousy HDD and mainboard from 2006

i guess i can consider myself lucky i can even play the game the way i can. i turned off almost everything in the ROengine.ini the game runs at a average 35FPS. mostly 25 to 50 FPS.

good thing is i usually am at the mid to top of the kill count on any given server i play, so despite my game looking possibly worse then RO original, i still got enough visibility and FPS to shoot myself some shooter noobs :D

are the stats totaly borked for you guys too? i have honor lvl 79 and about 4000 kills to my name(Actionjackson is the ingame nick), my most favourite class is commander although i havent played commander for a single minute.

i am not too much into stats, but i hope they either turn it off(unlikely) or reset the stats as soon the the stuff is working. lucky me i did not pay extra for day one unlocks(i wonder why anyone would...), these guys must really be pissed.

what classes you play or lets say whats you most favourite classes?

EDIT:

@Speedy

you really need to fix up your ROengine.ini, 5 to 20 FPS while arty is falling is in my eyes unplayable. however i dont know whats so resource intensive with arty, and what you could turn off to make it run better in this special case. when no arty is falling you seem to be fine with 30 to 40 FPS thats similar to my performance.

by the way, when you say you have most things on low, you should consider setting lighting quality to "medium", with low the map turns all dark and i felt disadvantaged at spotting, especially on maps like Fallen Fighters that is a fog heavy twilight map.

I still get lower framerates and more lag than I had during the first round of beta maps. I think punkbuster is partly to blame, since I was getting excellent pings until it was added. I imagine it will all get smoothed out sooner or later, at the rate they are patching.

Look here comes another patch now! The notes say it fixes some crashes and optimizes performance, one can only hope.

• 2 weeks later...

well i am no stat whore, but funny enough it makes me mad that my stats are all messed up. i am so glad the reset if finally dawning.

game tells me i have 9000+ kills :( got all classes as hero and have all weapon unlocks, well that was some bad start in this regard.

"beta campain"? how that works? are there even enough people to play a "campain" in this verry early stage of RO2?

Last Sat and Sun on the NA servers it was about 10 vs 10 for about 1-2 hours both nights. We the Germans crushed the Russians both nights. So certainly not the old IC at peak times, but it's a start. As we know RO2 is brand new, these things take time to pick up speed. But nonetheless, it was still solid fun. We're using Teamspeak for comms, it's far better than playing with a bunch of Rambos or lone wolfs on the public servers.

I can't speak for the EU server battles, I didn't participate in it to know. I do recall somebody saying there was a uneven amount of players for those battles.