Aris MOD PACK request:

Jaws

Dear Aris,

I love all your mods but start getting crazy to download all your mods from repository. Can you make a Aris MOD PACk 1.0. Everytime you make some new or updated mod just update the pack?

Keep up the good work, guys like you make game like this evergreen :)

If you have a mod pack that includes all Aris' mods would it not quickly become very large?

Since Aris gives us only a few options, if any, per mod, I don't understand why downloading them as individual mods is a problem.

I am not a fan of .rar and .brz files. I like to explode em and put the .bmp's into regular folders. That way, (esp for the huge myriad of uniform and helmet mods that are available), one can more easily mix and match.

If you have a mod pack that includes all Aris' mods would it not quickly become very large?

Since Aris gives us only a few options, if any, per mod, I don't understand why downloading them as individual mods is a problem.

I am not a fan of .rar and .brz files. I like to explode em and put the .bmp's into regular folders. That way, (esp for the huge myriad of uniform and helmet mods that are available), one can more easily mix and match.

Partly agree.

But maybe this would help;

Aris Allied Mod Pack

Aris Axis Mod Pack

Aris Terrain Mod Pack (allready existing)

Uploading updated big packages every time I make a new mod doesn´t make sense to me. Isn´t it easier to just download a tiny file instead of having to redownload the whole package once and again? Once I finish a significant amount of modded german vehicles I may pack them and upload to cmmods. But at the moment it´s easier for me to upload single mods until all are weathered ;) Feel free to pack them yourselves and upload if you want anyway.

Questions for Aris:

1) Re your latest terrain mod versions. Do we now only need the two at CMMODS? ie: The basic Terrain .brz plus the "no-grid" .brz. So, can we can discard the three terrain mod folders you did a few days ago?

2) How would you compare your terrain mods with Vein's v2 "Terrain Desaturation" mod? (I tried em both and have a hard time seeing the difference. Am just curious what to look for...)

1. If you have the Cmmods Pack you are done.

2. The main difference between mods is the coloring of the BMPS, Vein´s being greener, more vivid than my version, mine being more sepia-brownish. Another difference is the main ground(grass) BMPS, I will post two pics for you to see the difference:

Aris Version: (based on Bil Hardenberger´s mod with grid removed and sepia tinted):

groundgrass_aris.jpg

Vein´s Desaturated Version:

groundgrass_Veins.jpg

As always, it´s just a matter of what looks nicer for you once in the game. I use my mod, because I did it for myself, but many many people use Vein´s because is beautifully desaturated. Decisions...

Based on the two pics above, Aris' terrain looks way better to me.

In the game however, I tried switching between the mods and still have a hard time discerning the difference between the two sets of terrain graphics.

However, I am sold on Aris' mods, so will use those. :)

Thanks mate!

Based on the two pics above, Aris' terrain looks way better to me.

In the game however, I tried switching between the mods and still have a hard time discerning the difference between the two sets of terrain graphics.

However, I am sold on Aris' mods, so will use those. :)

Thanks mate!

Yeah, I can't say I saw that pronounced a difference either. I quite like both of them. I think I'm going to break down Ari's, Flesh's, Vein's and Patboy's packs and repack them into my own personal Super terrain mod. There are a few things from each I really like and I just can't decide on one over the others.

Uploading updated big packages every time I make a new mod doesn´t make sense to me. Isn´t it easier to just download a tiny file instead of having to redownload the whole package once and again? Once I finish a significant amount of modded german vehicles I may pack them and upload to cmmods. But at the moment it´s easier for me to upload single mods until all are weathered ;) Feel free to pack them yourselves and upload if you want anyway.

Maybe a list with all liks to your Vehicle mods would be useful, although you can sort by name anyway... :D

Lets All Fight: If you ever get a "Best of..." mod compilation, please let us take a look at it.

Fuser: I also prefer having the mods separately (the way you do em).

What I do is unzip each of your zipped mods and create a new folder to put each in separately called the same as your zipped file (I hate .brz files as it takes so long to explode and look and compare etc etc...) It would be helpful if you already had the mod in a regular folder and then zip it so we don't have to create our own folders for every d/l and unzip. (But, that's just me being lazy...)

In CM1 it was easy to mix and match mods. The brz files make the process a lot longer.