Time Limit

If you really really want you you can go into the standalone scenarios and greatly increase the alloted time. You'll outrun the AI orders, though, leaving the computer side just sitting there as you pound on them. Quickbattles you can extend to two hours. An alternative would be to simply *not mind losing* for the first several battles while you get the hang of it. Play at the expected pace & game length and get stomped a few times as a learning exercise. :)

The time limit in most of the scenarios is pretty generous. I'm a really slow player, I spend more time scouting than anything else and I always have time on the clock at the end of missions. So don't worry too much about the time limit.

But yeah, get ready to lose big time until you've got the hang of the game.:D

Welcome to the game! First of all, enjoy it and learn from mistakes that are bound to happen. I find that time limit is sufficient in most scenarios, but it is also a factor that affects your tactics. Once you get a hang of it, you might even appreciate the strain of operating under a tense time limit.

One piece of advice, and I think it's a good one, is to play a small game or two (probably QBs are best with you controlling the attack and letting the defense be mostly passive) in hotseat mode. That way you can see what it is the opposition can see are mistakes that merit punishment.

One piece of advice, and I think it's a good one, is to play a small game or two (probably QBs are best with you controlling the attack and letting the defense be mostly passive) in hotseat mode. That way you can see what it is the opposition can see are mistakes that merit punishment.

Thats a great Idea, I think I might try that. Most of the men I lose are to doing stupid things like rushing men at enemy positions and such, it would be a good learining experience to see what the enemy sees when I'm advancing.

Thanks a lot for all of the advice lads! The reason I posted this thread originally was when playing the demo, I played the US "Road to Berlin" mission, and had fritz on his last line of hedgerows with only 2 squads, and the game ended. haha, only needed about 30 more seconds.

I hope we get the good ol gebirgsjaegers back for the third module.

I read somewhere that BFC will be incorporating, just for fun, an audio challenge in the next module. If the user fails to pronounce 'Gebirgsjaegers' correctly the relevant files auto-delete. You get one shot.

Also, there will be two scenarios that you can bank on:

'Villers-Bocage'

and 'Michael Wittmann ascends to Valhalla'.

I read somewhere that BFC will be incorporating, just for fun, an audio challenge in the next module. If the user fails to pronounce 'Gebirgsjaegers' correctly the relevant files auto-delete. You get one shot.

Also, there will be two scenarios that you can bank on:

'Villers-Bocage'

and 'Michael Wittmann ascends to Valhalla'.

Sounds outstanding! I hope to see a scenario about the battles around Hill 112. specifically the Odon crossings. My great grandfather fought there with the 2nd Gordon Highlanders, 15th Division.:)

Another relative was with the 5/7th Gordons of the 51st Division east of Caen, in what became known as the Triangle. That would be a cool mission as well.:P

I bet you can't guess what regimental skins I would like to see.:rolleyes:

... If the user fails to pronounce 'Gebirgsjaegers' correctly the relevant files auto-delete. You get one shot.

'Gebirgsjaegers' would in all probability an English language word anyway (English Plural ending on German word), so you can pronounce it as you like.

die Gebirgsjäger = Nominativ Singular + Nominativ/Akkusativ Plural

but:

"das Gewehr des Gebirgsjägers" (= "the Gebirgsjaeger's rifle") Genitiv Singular

'Gebirgsjaegers' would in all probability an English language word anyway (English Plural ending on German word), so you can pronounce it as you like.

die Gebirgsjäger = Nominativ Singular + Nominativ/Akkusativ Plural

but:

"das Gewehr des Gebirgsjägers" (= "the Gebirgsjaeger's rifle") Genitiv Singular

German: only in that language could you both nominate and accuse something with just a single word!

;)

Another relative was with the 5/7th Gordons of the 51st Division east of Caen, in what became known as the Triangle. That would be a cool mission as well.

I've been toying with the idea of a scenario or two covering the adventures of the 5th Seaforths in the Triangle - as soon as I can get off my arse and actually do a bit of research. I suspect that we may well see a scenario set in the Triangle with the Commonwealth module, and a campaign focusing on the Highway Decorators would be a welcome inclusion too.

I hope to see a scenario about the battles around Hill 112. specifically the Odon crossings. My great grandfather fought there with the 2nd Gordon Highlanders, 15th Division.:)

You're certain to get your wish! Expect the next module to feature city flattening, less bocage, more armour on armour encounters and general hellish carnage.

Oh yeah. And Kangaroos.

kangarooov.jpg

OOO, I do love Kangaroos. Now I know no Video game would ever implement this class of British soldier into their mod, but for the 15th and 51st Divisions of the British army in Normandy, they were known to go into battle with the pipers leading them on. Would be kind of cool to see :) Haha, I can always dream of that.

La a'Blair s'math n Cairdean

B_006000.jpg