KI is horrible sometimes

Independent bazooka teams are available in CMBN. You can purchase them in a QB and attach them to the platoon of your choosing.

Yup. Let's also not forget that CMx1 should never have had those independent Bazooka guys to begin with. That was a work of fiction because the game system couldn't handle those weapons being allocated within a Rifle Squad. Which is why we made sure CMx2 was more flexible with regards to heavy weapons. Not as flexible as it needs to be, IMHO, but we have plans to address that.

Steve, I think the vehicle cover arc that was implemented in the CMx1 engine was perfect for these situations. It seemed to work as advertised back then, so why can't it be implemented for CMx2? I seem to recall someone saying that you said the coding was complex for this, but rather than to speculate on rumor I'd like to hear it from you. Or can someone link to where you've already talked about this?

It's not the coding, it's more the testing. Each Command added makes the game that much more difficult to get functioning correctly. With CM:SF we thought we could get away without it, so we didn't put it in. It's been requested ever since. Now that we're in WW2 it seems to be far more important than it was for Modern, therefore we are considering adding it. But we need to overhaul the UI first because we feel the current UI is already maxed out (and not generally in need of improvement).

Steve

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, because they are :D We had the same sort of behavior for CMx1's Cover Arcs and Hide commands. The better the unit, the more likely they won't act too early. The worse the unit, the more likely it will ignore your orders and fire anyway. This is very realistic and it underscores why experienced units are better at ambushing than inexperienced units. Just like in real life.

Steve

thats great and really well for the game and explains some strange things happens while playing.

with the sharpshooter problem there must be an other reason, beacuse i tested them at all experience steps. also at elite level they arent able to hit a unbottoned tank commander at 50-200 meters while the tank is still standing