v1.00 PBEMs do NOT work with v1.01

Interestingly, I've had a flawless PBEM upgrade to v1.01. I am on the side which first watches the replay, then creates the command. My opponent upgraded the command file.

Ken

??? You always watch the replay first, don't you?

??? You always watch the replay first, don't you?

One player generates the replay then sends the file to the second player, that second player then watches the replay first does his orders and sends the file back.

The first player then watches the replay second and does his orders now the next replay is generated and he sends the file to the second player again.

One player generates the replay then sends the file to the second player, that second player then watches the replay first does his orders and sends the file back.

The first player then watches the replay second and does his orders now the next replay is generated and he sends the file to the second player again.

As much as I hate to ask you a question (We Peng Challenge Thread members aren't exactly known for providing good info) ... how do you know which player has generated the replay first. Both players see the same thing in the same order from what I can tell, it isn't like the old gen 1 CM games.

Joe

Don't you see a progress bar (after clicking the big button to end the command phase) as the replay is generated, I'm not currently the player generating the replay in any of my games but I seem to recall seeing the progress bar in earlier games.

The person that creates the game is the one that sees the replay first I believe, this stays constant througout the game.

Process goes:

Player 1 - Select game, enter password.

Player 2 - Enter password

Player 1 - Place units and give first turn orders

Player 2 - Place units and give first turn orders, generate first turn replay

Player 1 - Watch first turn replay, give second turn orders

Player 2 - Watch first turn replay, give second turn orders, generate second turn replay

And so on.

Don't you see a progress bar (after clicking the big button to end the command phase) as the replay is generated, I'm not currently the player generating the replay in any of my games but I seem to recall seeing the progress bar in earlier games.

The person that creates the game is the one that sees the replay first I believe, this stays constant througout the game.

Process goes:

Player 1 - Select game, enter password.

Player 2 - Enter password

Player 1 - Place units and give first turn orders

Player 2 - Place units and give first turn orders, generate first turn replay

Player 1 - Watch first turn replay, give second turn orders

Player 2 - Watch first turn replay, give second turn orders, generate second turn replay

And so on.

There is a progress bar but as I recall you always get it ... then again I haven't really paid that much attention to it.

And I don't know that it's necessarily true that Player 2 in your example always generates the replay. It may be but I'd like to get confirmation.

Joe

There is a progress bar but as I recall you always get it ... then again I haven't really paid that much attention to it.

And I don't know that it's necessarily true that Player 2 in your example always generates the replay. It may be but I'd like to get confirmation.

Joe

Pick a scenario and send me a setup and we can test it.

Pick a scenario and send me a setup and we can test it.

Oh sure, be logical ... not sure how much good that would do, I've patched up to 1.01 ... we can test who generates the movie if that's what you mean.

Howsomever you might want to find another guinea pig, I'm travelling for the next two weeks and won't have time to mess with it.

It does look like there's something to the theory though, Nidan1 returned a turn I'd sent in 1.00 and that he opened and saved in 1.01 ... I couldn't play it, got a CTD. But WolfP sent one from the same batch of outgoing files, played it and saved it 1.01 and it worked fine for me.

Unfortunately I've been clearing my cache of old turns as I go so I don't recall who started the games.

Joe

Someone from BF needs to address this. I have 3 league games that were almost done with large complicated setups.

What is there to address? It is abundantly obvious that you have two choices;

1) upgrade your game and PBEM to 1.01 (may involve some to-ing and fro-ing with your opponent)

2) if that doesn't work, continue playing in 1.00

I recommend that you try #1 or #2.

What is there to address? It is abundantly obvious that you have two choices;

1) upgrade your game and PBEM to 1.01 (may involve some to-ing and fro-ing with your opponent)

2) if that doesn't work, continue playing in 1.00

I recommend that you try #1 or #2.

After I posted I realized that this was a trolls thread. Reason why I don't post here too often - unsubscribing.

I recommend you get a life.

Certainly not a trolls thread... I have had another opponent say that the upgrade has lost his pwd on the file I sent after the upgrade. He says he uses same pwd all the time and thinks the game file has become corrupt? Who knows Jim swears he upgraded correctly so maybe there are some problems?