New file at the Repository: Gourbesville (2011-07-10)

D-Day, 6th June 1944. Small US parachute force has taken small village of Gourbesville. German infantry company is sent to take village back. Map is based on real location and should be pretty accurate. Best played on German vs. AI, H2H or even US vs. AI. Version 1.1 - updated German briefing text. Greetings for "SelfLoadingRifle" for fixing writing new briefing.

More...

Please, please, please guys... Label your versions of the game. I have no idea whether I am downloading an obsolete version or the latest.

There's a new bad habit of people putting up unfinished/poorly-tested or non-finalized games on the Repository and I don't think that is the correct procedure.

Ask for tester volunteers of course. But, please only put tested and FINAL versions on the Repository.

Yes, I know there may still be maybe ONE change in the future. But, to have several different versions up within days is inexcusable and frustratingly confusing.

It may be cool for egos to see your creations up on the site, but grow up. All it does is make me NOT want to play what you've done as I expect there will be another version tomorrow, and the day after that etc.

My apolizies, Erwin. I try to keep updates to released scenarios as low as possible. I only update scenarios it if I find a annoing "bug" or add big modifications that improve scenario greatly. Usually these are based on players feedbacks.

V1.0 "play" scenario is untouched and several times playtested - as ready as it is. For new 1.1 version only German briefing text was updated. Thanks for "SelfLoadingRifle" for writing it in proper English. I really think new briefing will enhance this scenario so I decided to update it.

I will do my best in future not to rush productions and playtest them to the death. Playtesters are always needed! In return don't hesitate to ask me for playtest your scenarios under work - I'd be happy to test AND comment on it.

I'm looking forward to playing your scenario and a big thanks to you and the other designers and mod-makers as I know it's a lot of work.

I thought I had the latest version which downloaded again yesterday, but it shows up in my scenarios file as simply GOURBESVILLE. So, how can I tell if that is v1.1? Or, do I somehow still have the old version?

Suggest you label the scenario file itself v1.1. When one unzips the download the older file name looks exactly the same, hence the confusion.

In scenario's description there is last line "v 1.1".

I can add version number to name for next scenarios, to make it clearer... But I really hopefully it's not necessary to make many versions. :)