Scenarios and maps.

Is there any chance of sorting out some system of notification of type,PBEM,single player only for any new maps or scenarios.As its getting hard to trawl through them already in the repository.Can they be sorted in to type ETC.Ditto the mod warehouse.

Like wise on this forum.Is there any chance of a few sticky threads for the new scenarios which are listed by type of game and PBEM.Because at the moment this forum is just a mess.Once they start appearing thick and fast then it will only get worse.

If you follow titles used in original game download you would know what is QB, which is scenario which is campaign.

If you have a QB with no scripts You can add PBEM to title.

Meet Hills QB-PBEM-100

Scenario with scripts

Apple Jam

Scenario No Scripts

Apple Jam PBEM

Pretty simple

platoon

Size or type.... Could be in description right now you have map size and objective, can add COY, Battalion , Platoon.

Force Description Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Huge This too is like above, but players control points I believe 950 pts is a tiny and force size gets bigger until huge at 7200 pts.

Could it also please indicate the rough scale of the battle---eg platoon,platoon--company ----company to battalion-----battalion etc---for many the size of the battle is a very important factor whether to d/l or not.....Thanks

That's already there. The number of men in the blue icon gives you a rough idea of how big the scen is.

Oh ... wait ... whether to download? :eek: What, are you on a 28.8k dial up with a 1MB monthly limit, or sumfink?

Yes please,some kind of description other then"A really cool battle I dun came up wit"would be nice.Believe it or not,that is about as helpful as some descriptions are.There are several Scenarios with absolutely no description and you need to download it to figure out just what the Hell it's all about.We love you guys and all the hard work you put into the battles you create,but a good description would really sell your "Product".

Should be some kind of standard that all modders agree on.That would make it so much easier on us Mod Whores.Something along the lines of "Campaign/5 Scenarios/H2H or American vs.AI only/Battle 1-3 Mix Company Assault/Battle 4-5 Airborne Platoon Defend/Bocage and small hills."Sell the sizzle and get us fired up to play it.Keep up the good work Modders.

JonS---Thank you so much for your helpful and constructive reply----I can only assume from your homespun and profound philosophical pronouncement at the bottom of your contri that you must be a medium-sized animal......

Is that ... wit I detect hidden amongst a gratuitous use of punctuation? Surely not.

Unfortunately, not all scen designers actually see fit to edit this. :(

Sure. But I don't see how adding another voluntary rating is going to change that. Sacky designers don't use existing tools. IMO it's a little flawed to therefore deduce that what's needed to fix that is giving them more tools.

It would be nice if someone could make short "scenario maker guide". I'm talking about few pages long tips. Specially what you should edit like battle size, weather etc. and what to add to mission text.

I'm sure guide like this would encourage more scenario makers. Making map is the most time consuming business (and play testing scenarios). If used ready maps, making scenario is easy and more people should try it. It will also give you inside how objectives and AI work in this game.

It would be nice if someone could make short "scenario maker guide". I'm talking about few pages long tips. Specially what you should edit like battle size, weather etc. and what to add to mission text.

I'm sure guide like this would encourage more scenario makers. Making map is the most time consuming business (and play testing scenarios). If used ready maps, making scenario is easy and more people should try it. It will also give you inside how objectives and AI work in this game.

It's been done :) Originally for CMSF - some stuff has chnaged slightly but it is still relevant. Took a lot of work to get this done. I might consider redoing it for CMBN...

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1194