Upcoming Patch?

Before upgrading, copy your entire Combat Mission Shock Force directory to a new location, to be able to finish save games under the old version.

Just start the old version by clicking on the .exe in the copied map, or make a short-cut to that .exe with 1.31 in the name.

I think that is the way to do it, but didn't test it yet, copying is under way.

What a wonderful almost July 4th surprise gift! But, can one merely copy and paste the CMSF folder to another location, or do you have to install the game again to the desired location?

You can copy to a different location on the same PC. No need to reinstall. (what you cannot do is copy to a different PC, that will trigger all sorts of issues, including a licensing/activation issue)

PS. The only potential issue you may run into when copying is one of Windows permissions which may lead to errors when trying to run the game. But it's difficult to predict because it depends on the individual Windows setup. So, if you run into problems after copying, check your Windows permission settings.

Thanks. I'll try it and keep fingers crossed. Really happy to be able to restart my German campaign with PzFausts! :)

Great job you guys are doing btw.... thanks for everything, much appreciated.

(But, I still like CM1 for H2H. You made the AI in CM2 quite challenging enuff and I just don't yet feel the need for human play.)

Any chance you guys may consider replacing the myriad of relatively useless XO, 2IC, HQ Support Units etc with Medic units. I spend 90%+ of my time splitting squads and moving recon teams or whatever around to give first aid.

From a "realism" POV, it seems wrong to have excess/unused HQ units basically being used as medics. Let's just have medics. I am not talking about having stretcher bearers etc. WIA and KIA would disappear per normal.

I could send you a couple bottles of rather nice flavored Rum I picked up in US Virgin Islands as an inducement...