Smaragdadler's Oriented Grid Grassmod

...for CMx2 Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy

grassmodexample.jpg

Based on Vile's TerrainDesaturation mod.

- should be compatible with all grassmods (or better say terrain tile sets, the grass tile is always this mod if you use it. And remember that you can always change the tile saturation with a graphic programm)

- features longitude lines (good for orientation check and improved range estimation

- only grass, yellow grass and green crop tiles affected for better overall map look

To install place the folder named 'z' in the 'data' folder of CMBN.

(or even better: copy the z folder inside your .../data/z-folder to make shure the grid gets loaded.

Uploaded to reprository and GaJ's Mod Warehouse.

Hi--

I'm having difficulty using your grid mod in conjunction with Vein's desaturated terrain mod. If I just have your grid mod installed in my Z folder, all is well; when I add the desaturated terrain mod, however, I lose the grid....Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi--

I'm having difficulty using your grid mod in conjunction with Vein's desaturated terrain mod. If I just have your grid mod installed in my Z folder, all is well; when I add the desaturated terrain mod, however, I lose the grid....Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Install Veins desaturated terrain mod first then the grid mod. In my case, I labled the mods: Za-Vein Desaturated mod and Zb-Grid terrain mod . Then put both in the Z file.

It worked.

Extract the downloaded zip file of my mod and put the z-folder which contains the grided terrain .bmp-files IN the z-folder of your CMBN-installation. That should make shure that the grided files are loaded after Vein's terrain mod.

You could also 'RezExplode' Vein's mod and then put my grided .bmp files in this expolded folder (they should actually be copied in some extra folder inside the exploded mod folder called ground tiles.) Then

So basically you would just implement my mod in Vein's mod in this way.

First method (z-folder inside z-folder) is the better method, because you can add and take away the grid later much more easy.

I will upload a version of my grid grass-mod later today, whit corrected readme. Sorry again to Vein for the nickname muddle.

Edit: Method of Stingray is also good idea.

I have uploaded version 1.1 at the repository and warehouse.

My Grid Grass Mod works best with Vein's mod, I also tested it with plain demo and it looks also good.

@GaJ: The grid is on the grass tile that you see when most zoomed in. My mod can be used with Niessuh's mod, but at my system it looks not very well, and the grids are also not congruent.