Purchasing troops for QB

I’m in trouble in purchasing troops for my first PBEM Quick Battle.

My budget (2560 pts) is not enough to purchase all troops I’ve selected, I’m short of a small amount of points (< 100).

I’ve have 2 options NOW:

- To renounce one units

- To reduce the quality (Experience, Motivation, Fit and Leadership) of troops I’ve selected

Once for all the trade off is between Quality Vs Quantity

What do you suggest to do?

Janbank--Impossible for us to advise you--go with your preference for Quality or Quantity

Suggest you a try a couple of QBs where in one you maximise quantity and ln the other give priority to quality troops.

See how happy you are with the way your troops behave and respond and how effective you are in the face of the enemy.

Making these sorts of desicions is one of the pleasures and strengths of the QB system.

Do you know if it is a meeting engagement, attack, probe ect.? How about rarity settings? What force type is allowed (mixed, infantry only, ect)? Are you the US or Germans? I haven't tried PBEM yet so I don't know how you check these things after the game has started.

Do you know if it is a meeting engagement, attack, probe ect.? How about rarity settings? What force type is allowed (mixed, infantry only, ect)? Are you the US or Germans? I haven't tried PBEM yet so I don't know how you check these things after the game has started.

It's a Meeting Engagement

Rarity set to Standard

Mixed Forces

I'm the US Army

Thank you very much for yr help

"I’m short of a small amount of points (< 100)."

Happens to me everytime and always has. I am sure the points allocation is carefully worked out to produce just this effect.

Speaking personally I'd keep all the units and reduce the quality of some (crack troops die under HE just as easily as veterans and veterans as easily as regulars). However, if I couldn't do this without going picking up more than one or two green units, I'd look first to losing some MGs (for my mind they produce less value than a US infantry squad - particulalry in a meeting engagement). I'd also make sure that my force mix didn't have any long(ish) delay off-board artillery units or AT guns because I find both to very difficult to employ sucessfully in a meeting engagement and so represent poor value for money.

Others will have different views of course.

Start with reducing the quality of 'incidental' vehicles or units like radio jeeps or command half-tracks. Or even eliminate them altogether. There are probably some XO or platoon support teams you can lose or gimp to green/poor/not-so-fit (Personally I wouldn't use 'conscript' US troops in Normandy unless I was setting up a specific themed "unwilling warriors" scenario) without greatly hindering your combat efficiency.