Trenches, foxholes, and TRPs look alike

Is there a mod that will make the markers for trenches, foxholes, and TRPs easily distinguishable? I've wasted a lot of time setting up the German defense in one of the demos collecting all the trenches and foxholes so I could position my units first and then place most of the trenches to attract wasteful US prep fire to areas where few of my units would be endangered by near misses.

From one run-through of the scenario in which I simply accepted the initial German setup, the AI for the US attack spent the first five or six minutes shelling trenches without shelling much of anything else.

As I recall QBs in CMBO-CMBB-CMAK, all of my units were lined up by type along "my" edge of the map, so it was easy to place my troops first and my fortifications second.

Maybe the OP means the same that bothered me a little:

1) All fortifications have the same symbol in the grey circle/marker making it impossible to distinguish them from a distance.

2) In a CMx1 QB, IIRC, the bought units are lined up in a row, making it easy to pick them for setup. In CMx2 they seem to be all bunched up in a corner .

Ah, yes... the floating icons. Well, CMx1 didn't have them at all so I'd say it's overall easier to find Fortifications in CMx2 than CMx1, even though admittedly we don't have enough variations in the icons to suit most people (including me). And no, there is no Mod for this as we kept the number of icons purposefully low because they eat up computing resources.

The placement of stuff for Setup depends heavily on Setup Zones. If you have a map with small Setup Zones the units will get squashed together. This is not new, though, since CMx1 had the same issues. Having said that, I do agree that the automatic placement in CMx2 can be less than optimal sometimes.

Steve

The placement of stuff for Setup depends heavily on Setup Zones. If you have a map with small Setup Zones the units will get squashed together. This is not new, though, since CMx1 had the same issues. Having said that, I do agree that the automatic placement in CMx2 can be less than optimal sometimes.

Steve

I've had entire companies squashed into one corner of a large map's large deployment area. Suboptimal doesn't even start to describe it... :) My experience with CMx1 was that it just lined your units up at the edge of the map, wrapping round if it ran out of space. At least with CMx2 it's easy to see where the subunits of a formation are, and double-click can pick you out the platoon...

Someone just did a mod that makes the icons for forts 75% smaller than the unit icons, this should help with the problem if I understand the OP correctly.

I've had entire companies squashed into one corner of a large map's large deployment area. Suboptimal doesn't even start to describe it... :) My experience with CMx1 was that it just lined your units up at the edge of the map, wrapping round if it ran out of space. At least with CMx2 it's easy to see where the subunits of a formation are, and double-click can pick you out the platoon...

As for having my units bunched up in the setup zone, that doesn't bother me at all. I remember back in the day, before you could even begin playing any table top wargame, you would have to spend at least a few hours or even a full day just sorting and setting up your counters.

And no matter how careful you were when you put the game away the pieces never stayed in those little plastic trays with the plastic lids. The next time you got it out you had to sort everything out again. Just amazing what we whine about today ;)

I remember back in the day, before you could even begin playing any table top wargame, you would have to spend at least a few hours or even a full day just sorting and setting up your counters.

And no matter how careful you were when you put the game away the pieces never stayed in those little plastic trays with the plastic lids. The next time you got it out you had to sort everything out again. Just amazing what we whine about today ;)

Not to mention the damage an unattended cat could do to a battle halfway in with counters everywhere...soon to be even more everywhere and a little chewed to boot.